Panorama App like the iPhone one

poiman

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Is there an app to take panorama photos that works like the iPhone one where you just have to move your phone to the right without having to worry about the points where the photos connect to each other?

HartfordCT

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
If you have a Lumia, Nokia has a Panorama app you can download. You can also download Photosynth app from Microsoft for 3D panorama.

cloeren

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
That why it is just for iPhone because you cannot find the same application with Nokia, but there are some applications similar to panorama or you can just purchase a phone that is similar to iPhone, cherry mobile's flare model. - Mallory Fleming

poiman

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
It's not as if apple has a patent over taking panorama photos that way. I bought a Sony point and shoot today and it takes panorama photos the same way the iPhone does and believe me, it's so much easier and so much faster. I started wondering if I could have the same on my L920...

androidtoWM

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
It's not as if apple has a patent over taking panorama photos that way. I bought a Sony point and shoot today and it takes panorama photos the same way the iPhone does and believe me, it's so much easier and so much faster. I started wondering if I could have the same on my L920...
it might be faster but the horizon may end up crooked (basically you've to hold the camera steady parallel to the ground....).

i prefer the Nokia way, although it may be slower, it won't mess up the horizon.

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site

I am going to assume that iPhones method takes the shots and cuts the top and bottom off to make it all align. Nokias method is to force you to line up shots so it doesn't have to cut parts off.

Is that correct?

ricbon

May 5, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I twitted them that their panorama app could be better they responded thanks for the input so hopefully they are working in it

poiman

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Well, it's not like Nokia's Panorama app is perfect, sometimes the app just doesn't join the various photos taken right. If none of the apps produces perfect results, then I want to one who produces the possible results faster and easier.

James8561

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
yea I saw that on my friend's iPhone 5 yesterday and I was sooo impressed.
Our Panorama app takes separate pictures at intervals instead :(

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
What do you mean photosynth doesn't work the same? I start by moving phone and it takes images automatically when moving around, then stitches them together. Works great when moving phone horizontally. Only has some issues sometimes when you try to capture sky or ground in addition. If they disabled the shutter sound and notification for taking next image in sequence you wouldn't be able to tell the difference.

poiman

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
With Photosynth you have to crop the photo otherwise you will get some really weird shapes... It isn't nearly as user friendly as the iPhone app.

Melissa Baggett

Aug 31, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for asking this question Poiman, I had the very same one! I have the Nokia Lumia 1020, which is fan-freakin-tastic. Blows the iPhone camera out of the water, none compares. But I really do miss the seamless stitching that the built-in panorama of the iPhone produced. It used a tap and sweep method of capturing the panorama, almost like a still video if you will, so unless something jumped into your photo quickly, you could almost always guarantee a great shot. I have played around with different apps and so far Photosynth is the best one available. Which is disappointing that even with a steady hand, patience and a few tries its virtually impossible to capture a panorama without at least one visible seam. So far it's kept me from sharing these images :( Hopefully a better, more comparable app will be developed, the technology is there, we'll just have to be patient.

mcheiron

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
I was wondering the same thing. I have a Sony camera that takes really nice panoramas and it is very fast and easy to use. Yesterday, I tried the panorama app on my 920 and was very disappointed. The Nokia app was unable to find the next spot, moving fast or slow didn't make much of a difference.

While Synth is much faster, it does not take panoramas that can be printed, or am I missing something? It also doesn't do the best job stitching. I know that it takes a lot of processing power to do the stitching and alignments, but if a point and shot or dslr can do it, a phone with processing power should be able to, as well.

Are there any updates?

Thanks.

Nick_1020

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
Really disappointed with Panorama apps for Windows Phones. We have the best smartphone camera by some distance but no decent Panorama apps to get the best from it. Photosynth is easy to use and does and great job of stitching the images together but the end result is very poor in terms of quality. Nokia Panorama produces better resolution images but it's poorly designed and very frustrating to use.

It seems the only way to create decent panoramas is to take individual photos then use an app such as Ztitch (which I haven't tested as yet) or transfer the images to a computer to stitch them in another app.

An update from Photosynth could resolve these issues.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb