Op?ra and Dolphin Browser for Windows Phone?

1Sick1500

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
Id be interested in that also. I have always used Dolphin on Both my Ipad and Android devices. It would be a nice option. I enjoy how it interfaces, Saves bookmarks and such.

awilliams1701

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
Microsoft has blocked the required APIs to make a browser work as expected. It could probably be done, but it would be slower than hell. There are alternate browsers, but they are all skins of IE10.

psudotechzealot

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
Its-happening_o_129980.gif

Opera Mini team says that they have Windows Phone app on the list! | wp-Hub

awilliams1701

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
Oh joy we're getting a browser that's barely ahead of IE8. yuck. Why would anyone want this? IE10 is FAR better than opera mini, unless they've actually decided to update it for a change.

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Oh joy we're getting a browser that's barely ahead of IE8. yuck. Why would anyone want this? IE10 is FAR better than opera mini, unless they've actually decided to update it for a change.
Some people are stuck on 2G all the time, you know.
Plus, it would be nice to take advantage of the offer my carrier is doing. 15 PhP for a day of internet surfing using Opera Mini.

awilliams1701

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
If I understand its operation correctly, its rendered elsewhere (this is the part I don't get why its so outdated) and then sent to your phone as images. It seems to me that it would be faster to just use IE10 which a site like wikipedia where 90% or more is just text, would render much faster and use far less data.

emagius

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
If I understand its operation correctly, its rendered elsewhere (this is the part I don't get why its so outdated) and then sent to your phone as images. It seems to me that it would be faster to just use IE10 which a site like wikipedia where 90% or more is just text, would render much faster and use far less data.

Opera Mini is way, way faster (and lighter on data usage) than IE10 even on Wikipedia. Honestly, you should try to use both. There's no comparison. (That said, some HTML5 features require quite a bit of client-side/post-loading rendering, so obviously something that's pre-rendered is going to miss out on some of that.)

By the way, Opera Mobile blows away IE10 in HTML5 compatibility: 428 vs. 320 on HTML5test. So shouldn't you be bashing IE10 as well?

jojoe42

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
I'd go for UC Browser, it has a similar (ton of) features as Dolphin and Opera (coming from iOS). Plus it's fast too

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb