Anyone knows when will be the release here in the Philippines?
    08-06-2013 08:01 PM
    Hi kabayan! Amber isn't out yet. I asked Nokia and I was advised it will be out in a few weeks, so nothing really solid for a release date yet. If you are a risk taker and with a 920, try the thread with stock Amber from France (you can find it under Lumia 920 thread). I flashed my Lumia 920 and it's working great!
    rynthnyltrr likes this.
    08-06-2013 08:20 PM
    Hi kabayan! Amber isn't out yet. I asked Nokia and I was advised it will be out in a few weeks, so nothing really solid for a release date yet. If you are a risk taker and with a 920, try the thread with stock Amber from France (you can find it under Lumia 920 thread). I flashed my Lumia 920 and it's working great!
    thanks br0 can you help me out with the firmware download for lumia 820? can't find a decent one..
    08-06-2013 08:30 PM
    do you have any link? thanks!
    08-06-2013 08:32 PM
    do you have any link? thanks!
    You can browse over the threads under Lumia 820 or you can try this.
    Download Nokia Lumia 920, 820 Amber ROM | NokiaViews.com

It will direct you to a Polish website (windowsmania.pl). You will need to create an account (use google chrome to translate it to english).
    The ROM is unbranded and you have the option to change the language to English after successful flash. Good luck!
    rynthnyltrr likes this.
    08-06-2013 09:38 PM
    Is this for real? Based on my experience Nokia Philippines is as ignorant as they come. I'm surprised they are even aware of Amber update.

Here is to hoping that for once they know what they are doing.
    rynthnyltrr likes this.
    08-06-2013 10:14 PM
    Is this for real? Based on my experience Nokia Philippines is as ignorant as they come. I'm surprised they are even aware of Amber update.

Here is to hoping that for once they know what they are doing.
    i agree. i dunno why their staffs didnt know sh*t about whats to come at whats not.
    08-14-2013 12:52 PM
    i agree. i dunno why their staffs didnt know sh*t about whats to come at whats not.
    kase maka android at ios sila ee..
    uhmmm brad sure ba yang link..gusto ko narin kaseng mag update ng amber..

ang Nokia lumia 920 ko
    Nokia illumina daw.. di mo alam kng allergic sa nokia product ung mga un ee.
    08-16-2013 03:47 AM
    at me link kaba sa latest Care suite?? kelangan ko lang brader.
    08-16-2013 03:48 AM
    Nokia Philippines needs restructuring in management.

Their employees are not very well versed with the products.
    It's like their girls are just there for eye candy. They hold regular old Nokia phones or androids.
    I think a company like Nokia should invest in their employees. Their employees should at least sport 520's.

Their shops are very boringly designed and many of the handsets on display do not even have power.

It's really a shame seeing many cellphone shops have brightly lit Samsung Galaxy s4 booths.
    If Nok just pours some money in getting consumers to at least try the Lumias, they would be in a better place.

LOL

The only good marketing push so far was the Lumia 720 test drive.
    08-16-2013 12:09 PM
    Guys, you can now download Amber ROMS thru NCS for Lumia 920 apac_phil variants!
    08-21-2013 07:45 AM
    Status - Coming soon. :(
    08-21-2013 07:48 AM
    Patience brothers, let's just hope it will come early September :)
    08-21-2013 09:26 PM
    Guys, ang reason naman kasi kung bakit ganoon nalang ang nokia stores dito sa pinas is because they're not really managed by Nokia. Say what?!? Yup, it's true. Nokia has dealers but they don't really have an actual store that I know about. For example, yung Nokia stores dito sa cebu is managed and staffed by Junrex, a company that sells cellphones of all kinds. They wouldn't have an incentive to push for nokia products if they have high margins on Samsung galaxy S4s. In fact, it would be better for their bottom line to maintain exclusivity all the while not pushing the phones so that they can sell more galaxy phones. I just recently found this out. Wala yatang solution for this eh. Nokia does not have enough money to staff a store of its own so they do it thru exclusive dealers. These dealers are more served by locking Nokia in an exclusive agreement with them, not to sell nokia phones but to stop selling nokias so they can sell more high profit margin galaxy phones. I came to this conclusion after my awful experience at sm cebu nokia store which I posted here in wpcentral. Pasalamat nalang ako dahil kung nabili ko yung 920, hindi ko mabibili ang 1020 when it becomes available here hehehe.
    08-21-2013 09:43 PM
    Nokia Philippines needs restructuring in management.

Their employees are not very well versed with the products.
    It's like their girls are just there for eye candy. They hold regular old Nokia phones or androids.
    I think a company like Nokia should invest in their employees. Their employees should at least sport 520's.

Their shops are very boringly designed and many of the handsets on display do not even have power.

It's really a shame seeing many cellphone shops have brightly lit Samsung Galaxy s4 booths.
    If Nok just pours some money in getting consumers to at least try the Lumias, they would be in a better place.

LOL

The only good marketing push so far was the Lumia 720 test drive.
    There's a common misconception that staff that works at the Nokia store are nokia staff. They're not. The actual Nokia staff are account managers that roam around looking for dealers to put up stores or cell their cellphones. The people staffing nokia stores are staff from dealers. That's the reason sales staff at nokia stores here in the PHL are woefully ignorant of their products. Should Nokia PHL train these dealers staff about product features? Yes, but it wouldn't help much. Nokia is honest in that they price their phones close to the manufacturing costs and purchasing price. The profit margin compared to other phones is therefore pretty small. Compared to iphones and galaxy S4s whose retail prices are absurd compared to their manufacturing/purchasing costs ( which means more profit per phone sold), dealers would not have an incentive to push nokia phones.

Only a few families control businesses here which means that there is probably just 1 family responsible for bringing in cellphones say in the visayas region ( Junrex in cebu) which then sell these phones to cellphone stalls and such. You don't want another family coming to your turf so you have an exclusive dealership with all major phone makers. If you knew that you would make more money off iphones and samsung galaxies, would you tell your staff to sell nokias? No, you would maintain the nokia store to comply with the exclusivity agreement just so another family cannot put up a nokia store in visayas and then let it stagnate so you can spruce up your samsung, etc stalls to sell more high margin phones.
    08-21-2013 09:59 PM
    ^ Thanks that was enlightening
    08-22-2013 02:17 AM
    Lumia 920 Country Variant Amber now released OTA. 😊
    rynthnyltrr likes this.
    08-22-2013 11:13 PM
    Lumia 620 CV Philippines is now release.
    08-28-2013 07:15 AM
    tagal ng 520 o.o
    09-13-2013 09:29 AM