Is there such a thing as an Outlook's desktop application

txkimmers

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Outlook's desktop application has a nice feature whereby one can send the contents of an email (short of attachments that is) into a new Calendar or Task item via dragging/dropping the email over the corresponding buttons. I have lost count of the times I wished I could bring up a "Send to Calendar" or "Send to Tasks" from an email account on my phone. This seems so obviously useful--does anyone know of an existing app that offers this?

Last edited by a moderator:

James8561

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
yes it has been part of the Microsoft Office suite since...well forever. ;)
just checked wiki, it has been alive since MS-DOS, microsoft's first os.

the lastest version in Office 2013 is nicely integrated with windowsphone8 and skydrive. get it!

txkimmers

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
No, no, you misunderstand me, probably because the title of my thread was edited to make it clearer but muddled it a bit more. I want an app that will appear as a menu option in an open email on my phone that will let me send the contents of an email to a new Calendar item or Task item (Calendar at the least but why not Tasks as well?).

Often you get an email that ends up being a meeting to arrange or a thing to do, and creating a new Calendar item that easily includes the text/info contained in the email is great. It's a lot more steps to copy/paste the info from the email into the new Calendar item--it would be much faster if I could just choose Send to Calendar and then fix the date/time/attendees, while all the info from the original email is automatically added to the notes/description of the Calendar item.

So what I am saying is...I use that feature all the time in Outlook, would love to have it available on my phone. Since who knows when/if ever Microsoft would add that as a feature, it would be nice if there were an independent app developed....and maybe there is one already? That is my question.

Last edited:

pkvillager

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
After you clarified that is actually a great idea. What you are looking for is a "reply with meeting" option. I love it and want it now too lol! That and reply with IM for those with Lync...

pkvillager

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I would like to see MS pick this up and add it to the outlook client. its stuff like this that makes you wonder what goes on at MS. Features like this should be fairly transparent between the desktop version and the mobile version. They need to ensure a consistent user experience.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leviwilkersion