FINALLY! At Bat 13 App

TheJoester09

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
The app is great, especially for a 1.0. Has anyone figured out how to listen to archived audio? I only see the audio option come up during live games. Also, there's no news section, and no gameday for some reason!

Still though, I'm THRILLED to have the live video option!!!

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
The app is great, especially for a 1.0. Has anyone figured out how to listen to archived audio? I only see the audio option come up during live games. Also, there's no news section, and no gameday for some reason!

Still though, I'm THRILLED to have the live video option!!!

I bought the service for video. I can get the rest somewhere else, so those things can take all the time they want!

CopaCC

May 26, 2013
Visit site
Glad to have it, but you think they would've brought it out at the beginning of the season, not when it's almost over!

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Glad to have it, but you think they would've brought it out at the beginning of the season, not when it's almost over!

But hey, it's not all bad! Now that they got it figured out, maybe they'll be ready to go with At Bat 14 at the beginning of the season. MLB must've decided they have enough clients to be worth it, and that number probably won't drop at least by April 2014.

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Do you have to pay a subscription to watch it?

Yes. it is basically $20 a month (the price is reduced as the season progresses.) I haven't checked, but there are only 2 months left, should be able to get it for $30-$40. They normally run a playoff race package too. Last year I think I paid $10 for part of September (had to use the Wife's iPhone)

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Yes. it is basically $20 a month (the price is reduced as the season progresses.) I haven't checked, but there are only 2 months left, should be able to get it for $30-$40. They normally run a playoff race package too. Last year I think I paid $10 for part of September (had to use the Wife's iPhone)

I don't know of anything extra for playoffs. But I'm in the US; maybe it's different if you're in another country. The only way I know of to watch a playoff game in the US is to use a proxy on a PC to give you an IP address outside of North America. I tried location spoofer apps on both Android & iPhone, but the MLB app detects it. Audio is available with no blackouts for playoffs, including World Series games.

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
I don't know of anything extra for playoffs. But I'm in the US; maybe it's different if you're in another country. The only way I know of to watch a playoff game in the US is to use a proxy on a PC to give you an IP address outside of North America. I tried location spoofer apps on both Android & iPhone, but the MLB app detects it. Audio is available with no blackouts for playoffs, including World Series games.

Agreed, There is no way you can watch the playoffs on mobile unless you have a SlingBox or something similar. They do not (or have not) ever had a package for them since it is a completely different contract, the games are shown on Fox and TBS instead of the typical Fox Sports *Insert Blank* or MASN / YES / STO

If you were directly references my comments, I mentioned the "playoff race", as in...the time leading up to the Playoffs to see who gets in (the last couple weeks of September)

The Playoff Race should be pretty heated for the AL this year. The NL is all but locked up (Arizona only team with a chance at 5.5 back of the WC and 7.5 of the divsion)

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Agreed, There is no way you can watch the playoffs on mobile unless you have a SlingBox or something similar. They do not (or have not) ever had a package for them since it is a completely different contract, the games are shown on Fox and TBS instead of the typical Fox Sports *Insert Blank* or MASN / YES / STO

If you were directly references my comments, I mentioned the "playoff race", as in...the time leading up to the Playoffs to see who gets in (the last couple weeks of September)

The Playoff Race should be pretty heated for the AL this year. The NL is all but locked up (Arizona only team with a chance at 5.5 back of the WC and 7.5 of the divsion)

Sorry, I missed "race"! As a Milwaukee Brewers fan, I'm afraid I'm less interested this year than I could be, but my 2nd team is the Red Sox, so I'm in it there.

TeknoBlast

Jun 22, 2012
Visit site
Sorry, I missed "race"! As a Milwaukee Brewers fan, I'm afraid I'm less interested this year than I could be, but my 2nd team is the Red Sox, so I'm in it there.

Oh come on, don't be one of those fans that are only interested when their team win.

Mine are the Astros and everyone knows how they are and I'm still a big fan and keep up on every game they play. I even picked up MLB.tv so I can watch my team win little and lose a lot.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site

Oh come on, don't be one of those fans that are only interested when their team win.

Mine are the Astros and everyone knows how they are and I'm still a big fan and keep up on every game they play. I even picked up MLB.tv so I can watch my team win little and lose a lot.

Oh I'm still interested; to be a Brewers fan you have to be hardy! It's the playoffs that don't interest me quite as much since the Brewers more than likely won't be in it. The Red Sox should be in it though.

What do you think about moving to the AL? Before that happened we used to be rivals. I liked the Astros switch to make one less team in the NL Central, and it also gives all 6 divisions 5 teams.

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Amen to those that stick with there team! Love the down times, because you can get cheap seats! I loved when the Tigers were bad (02-04) because you could get a ticket for $8 and it came with a piece of pizza and pop.

Granted...I am all about all about paying $30 a game and getting to watch my team in the World Series too! :-D

TheJoester09

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
Amen to those that stick with there team! Love the down times, because you can get cheap seats! I loved when the Tigers were bad (02-04) because you could get a ticket for $8 and it came with a piece of pizza and pop.

Granted...I am all about all about paying $30 a game and getting to watch my team in the World Series too! :-D

I love when the Tigers are down too! Let's hope that happens again some time soon!

Signed,

Indians Fan

Doohickie

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site

Mine are the Astros and everyone knows how they are and I'm still a big fan and keep up on every game they play. I even picked up MLB.tv so I can watch my team win little and lose a lot

Well the Astros held off the As tonight, so my Rangers were able to hang onto 1st for the time being. Thanks Astros!

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
At Bat 13 has a nice clean design but Baseball Pro '13 has so much more content!

Can't beat the video though...and that is only offered in At Bat.

I've kept Baseball Now as my statistics app, to get detailed box scores and news, and keep the At Bat as the video app. AND I keep ESPN Hub around for toast notifications... I used Baseball Pro but picked Baseball Now because I get the logo on the Tile...Baseball Pro just had a generic city name (IIRC).

If only there was one app to rule them all!!!! That is my constant complaint though, haha. Anyone find one that will put a score on the live tile? Baseball Now does it, but you have to pin EACH game, EACH day, gets a little old...

Ohh, and Miguel Cabrera is an absolute beast, we are watching history unfold with that man. That is all. :-D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss