As a big music buff who absolutely hates duplicate albums, songs, and likes to keep my music collection arranged well, as I did on my previous Iphone, I have figured out what exactly you need to do to fix the problem...without worrying about Metadata! Here's how it goes.

The setting in Xbox music that reads Connect with Xbox Music will butcher your music collection!

Before you put any music on your phone at all, make sure this box is unticked in the Xbox Music settings. What happens is that I was syncing Itunes to my phone using the Windows desktop app, which does get the music syncing right - and the music would appear correctly on the phone, at least for awhile. But then sure enough, when you reboot your phone or wait long enough your music will start to have duplicates everywhere. I finally had figured out this Xbox Connect setting that syncs album information messes everything up. Also, If you have this setting unticked, it will give you the option of putting artist backgrounds VIA Mpatool yourself, rather than using Xbox's often lousy artist background photos.

So for those of you having duplicate problems with the music, you need to do a couple things. Make sure your collection is arranged how you want it, either on Itunes of Windows Media player. Use the desktop app to sync the music. And have the Connect With Xbox Music option unticked before you sync.

Also, if you have artist background images you don't like, you do not have to reset the entire phone to get rid of the artwork! Simply unsync everything from that artist on your phone, and then put the albums back on your phone, and then go into MPATool and pick the artist image you want. Same goes for album covers as well.
    08-08-2013 02:01 PM
    08-08-2013 02:04 PM
    The Xbox setting was un-ticked as above and I still got duplicate song listings and 'Error Code 80070002 / 80070003. I did find a solution that should work for anybody with an older Nokia. I simply plugged my new 64GB Micro SD (class10) into my OLD Nokia (C5-03) and used the Ovi Suite software to copy the music. When I took the Micro SD and plugged it into my Lumia, hey presto everything's listed just the once (I ripped the music using Windows Media Player, in unprotected MP3 format, at the highest quality setting - I also successfully copied over downloaded music the same way).
    If Nokia / Microsoft want to compete effectively they need to sort this and issue an update asap. UNREAL.
    08-10-2013 09:30 AM