Best camera app for L820

Tonchi91

Jul 14, 2013
Visit site
What is the best free/trial camera app for Lumia 820. I want to control all camera settings in the application and I want vectorized image. Any suggestion?

th0mas96

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I think ProShot features a Trial, up to now it's the most advanced camera app, followed by Clever Camera.
Why do you want vectorized images?

Last edited:

Tonchi91

Jul 14, 2013
Visit site
Because of better image quality when I want print that image out on A3 or A2 paper. Does ProShot allows me to save the image in trial mode?

th0mas96

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Because of better image quality when I want print that image out on A3 or A2 paper. Does ProShot allows me to save the image in trial mode?

unfortunately, it doesn't..
For vectorized images, since the output has to be either I think jpeg, they all seem to use raster based algorithms. From what I understand, vector images are only better when you design something, since you are the one placing the lines, curves etc. Since the sensor only gets pixels, the only way is to convert it, and I doubt that will deliver good results since a normal picture has WAY too much details. With tracing software (for your pc) you might get a result, but not without having a lot of work by hand.

yeewiz

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Ot seems that I would have to spend my free time to make one.

jeez, Tonchi91, loosen up the wallet, it's only $1.99 for ProShot, the best app in WP8. Seriously. As of now, the "official" ProShot thread, http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-phone-apps/215564-loving-proshot-camera-app.html, is 41 pages, 1003 replies, and 62,714 views. The app is that good. The developer, RiseUpGames, monitors the thread religiously and provides top-notch customer support. Read the thread and be impressed.

OTOH, if you want to spend hundred of hours to create your own app and save $1.99, I'm wondering if that's an effective use of your time. Good luck!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs