Runtastic - Notifications pause music

Alon Rozenblit

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys.

I've started running with Runtastic Pro a few days ago. Last night I've started the C25K interval training program.
I'm running with music, and with the interval notifications in the Runtastic Pro app, it pauses the music for EVERY interval notification. Seeing as my intervals are quite short right now, this means that the music pauses all the time.
"20 seconds left"
"10 seconds left"
"3...2...1"
Then one minute of music and repeat... :angry:

This is extremely annoying, naturally and beats the point of listening to music while running.
Has anyone had any experience with this kind of thing? Any ideas?

Thank you!

Last edited:

Alon Rozenblit

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
Re: [SOLVED] Runtastic interval training and music

Alright, solved it myself.
It seems that if you play music from within Runtastic Pro, or even start playing music after running the app, it'll pause the music on notifications.
If, however, you press play, then enter the app (you can pause the music), then the notifications will be played over the music without interrupting playback.

Weird and annoying bug, but at least it's solvable.

BPuk

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site

Thanks for the tip as I'll be using the app tonight with the interval training and runtastic heart rate monitor for the first time.

Alon Rozenblit

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site

Let me know if you find any info on how to reproduce this bug, or if my solution always worked for you. I've contacted their support team, and would like to provide them with as much info as possible.

By the way, this makes their Nokia Streaming function completely useless, as there's no way to make it play without any interruptions from the interval notifications.

Good luck with your training!

Alon Rozenblit

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site

Updating regarding this issue:

The app was updated today to version 2.5.1, but the issue was not fixed.
I have found that my workaround from my previous posts only works for the first song playing. As soon as the next song starts, the notifications again pause the music non-stop.
I've contacted Runtastic support and updated them on this.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes