Official youtube app for wp7/8 updated!

juan6996

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Re: Ofiicial youtube app for wp7/8 updated!

I'm also having problems using the app. Getting an error message, nothing will load.

Oranges123

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site

Does this new one have the "Other" storage issue like the previous version had? The one that got pulled before was perfect apart from that one problem. I remember it took away a big chunk of storage space that it never gave back when watching videos.

Last edited:

Daniel Rubino

Editor-in-chief
Staff member
Jan 19, 2006
Visit site
Okay, we've figured out WHAT the problem is, we just don't know WHY exactly it's happening (it's one of two scenarios)

Microsoft is formulating a response and I'm waiting a bit for that, however we'll run the story soon. Stay tuned.

KitN

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
I'm having nothing but problems with this app! I keep getting an error stating "Something went wrong and we don't know what"!!

Anyone else having this problem or known how to fix it?

P.S. I have uninstalled it, reset my phone, reinstalled it yet still the same problem. I'm able to stream Netflix and view YouTube through the IE browser but not through the app! :'(
Sent from my RM-917_nam_usa_100 using Board Express

KitN

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
Nevermind, I see now a lot of other people with the same problem. Oh boy!

Any ETA on a fix?

Martsicky

May 18, 2013
Visit site
Nevermind, I see now a lot of other people with the same problem. Oh boy!

Any ETA on a fix?

not really, but I would expect it very soon. + Metrotube seems to be affected also | myTube developer is already working on fix.

Last edited:

Epic Pie

May 7, 2013
Visit site

it is gone from my region's store. I have had it with this MS Google battle. Why cannot they patch up!!

It's not only the official YouTube app facing this problem, if I'm not mistaken. So it's a matter between Microsoft and Google, which will take some time to be resolved.... Worst case scenario, Never.

Orlok1138

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site

It's not only the official YouTube app facing this problem, if I'm not mistaken. So it's a matter between Microsoft and Google, which will take some time to be resolved.... Worst case scenario, Never.

I've been hearing it's not just windows phone. Android YouTube apps are affected to(I hear). Maybe it's a google fudge up all around?

Epic Pie

May 7, 2013
Visit site

I've been hearing it's not just windows phone. Android YouTube apps are affected to(I hear). Maybe it's a google fudge up all around?

Hmm, that only means that Google has made some changes, which apparently has derped the YouTube mobile apps. Not really sure, but this is quite a possibility.

Jay_wpcentral

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site

Hmm, that only means that Google has made some changes, which apparently has derped the YouTube mobile apps. Not really sure, but this is quite a possibility.

MetroTube is still working for me. There is always the mobile YouTube site, if things become that bad

TeknoBlast

Jun 22, 2012
Visit site
I just tried out the YouTube app on my Lumia 810 and it worked fine. I was able to log in and watch videos I uploaded. Must be hit and miss with some people.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss