Opening a new bank account: Wells Fargo, Chase, or Bank of America?

coip

May 21, 2013
Visit site
So, I have decided to close down my U.S. Bank account because the don't have a Windows Phone app (nor do they even have a decent mobile website). I am going to open a new checking account with a bank that has a good Windows Phone app, but also is a good bank. I already use the Chase and Bank of America apps for credit cards and think both are pretty good (although, Chase seems slightly better). How about the new Wells Fargo app?

Is anyone here a customer of any of those three banks and have used their apps? What would you recommend (not just which has a better app, but also which is a better bank, as far as customer service, bull**** fees, etc.). Maybe I should just go with Wells Fargo to support all three.

coip

May 21, 2013
Visit site
All major banks are terrible in their own ways. Look into credit unions.

I know banks are evil and credit unions are better, but unless a credit union has the convenience of worldwide (let alone, nationwide) services, online banking, and a mobile app, I'm going to stick with a bank.

fwaits

Mar 9, 2008
Visit site
I dropped Wells Fargo for Chase due to their support for WP. The app is great, and their service has been fine for me.

coip

May 21, 2013
Visit site
I dropped Wells Fargo for Chase due to their support for WP. The app is great, and their service has been fine for me.

Now that they both have Windows Phone apps, and both look pretty good, which service do you think is better (i.e., banking service, not the apps). Do you miss Wells Fargo or would you stick with Chase now?

fwaits

Mar 9, 2008
Visit site
Now that they both have Windows Phone apps, and both look pretty good, which service do you think is better (i.e., banking service, not the apps). Do you miss Wells Fargo or would you stick with Chase now?

Don't miss WF at all. Chase has a cool prepaid card too you can get on your account that you can use as a secondary ATM/Visa that of course you preload with whatever amount. Can xfer funds between cards via the app too. So far great service.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss