Google Blocks NEW YouTube App

Jaideep Kekre

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site
"Microsoft's recently released YouTube application for Windows Phone is being blocked by Google. In a statement issued to The Verge, Google confirms that the application has been blocked for violating the terms of use. Despite the two companies collaborating on an app based on HTML5, Microsoft's app is still breaking YouTube's terms of use. "Microsoft has not made the browser upgrades necessary to enable a fully-featured YouTube experience, and has instead re-released a YouTube app that violates our Terms of Service," says a spokesperson. "It has been disabled. We value our broad developer community and therefore ask everyone to adhere to the same guidelines.""

Google blocks Microsoft's new YouTube Windows Phone app | The Verge

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
and.... except vevo videos and other specified channels. Metrotube/myTube can't handle ⅓ of youtube content. Microsoft's app worked fine in this case.

How often has the MS app successfully been available? I want a full featured official app, but it doesn't matter what features it has if it isn't available or doesn't work.

Martsicky

May 18, 2013
Visit site
How often has the MS app successfully been available? I want a full featured official app, but it doesn't matter what features it has if it isn't available or doesn't work.
Mate, I assure you that Microsoft wants to provide fully-featured official app to its users. Back in April/May 2013, MyTube and Metrotube existed alongside with official YouTube app with pre-loading options and no-ads, and what? Only one app has been pulled from the store. Guess which one? :)
I agree that Metrotube is good, but I have to visit yt mobile site to watch ⅓ of videos, so its not that excellent as you try to prove.

***Ah, and in fact it was successfully available since its release till today, if you didn't uninstall it. With no-ads, pre-loading + great user-experience & performance

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Mate, I assure you that Microsoft wants to provide fully-featured official app to its users. Back in April/May 2013, MyTube and Metrotube existed alongside with official YouTube app with pre-loading options and no-ads, and what? Only one app has been pulled from the store. Guess which one? :)
I agree that Metrotube is good, but I have to visit yt mobile site to watch ⅓ of videos, so its not that excellent as you try to prove.

***Ah, and in fact it was successfully available since its release till today, if you didn't uninstall it. With no-ads, pre-loading + great user-experience & performance

You are missing my point.

It has hardly been available.
-It was available for a month or two earlier in the year and a few days recently. That isn't consistent in any sense of the word. Also, many people have joined WP8 since the app was first shut down, so they wouldn't have a chance to use it. Also, plenty of people have flashed newer firmware on their phone, which means they have to reinstall things I believe.

No app is perfect but if you can't even get the app, nothing else matters.

TeknoBlast

Jun 22, 2012
Visit site
It's funny that Microsoft plays nice with iOS and Android (Xbox Smart Glass for one), but when it comes to play nice with MS, YouTube, everyone wants to be assholes.

GardSec

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
I use my hosts file on my PC to block YouTube adds and I never see them while surfing on my TV. Life is way better without YouTube adds.

GardSec

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
Ad block plus works fine in Firefox and Chrome, and it is spelled "ads" not "adds".

I don't use chrome or Firefox because they suck. I use IE and Opera 12. I use the hosts file so I don't have to install any thing extra on my system. And thanks for the spell check. lol.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster