Mytube issue

Nor Siraj

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
Hi everybody!

Im having issues loading videos in mytube. Anyone else having problems?
"Reason for failure: Error setting result string."
Bought the app a while ago, it used to run smooth.
I have a nokia lumia 920 with the amber update (yey).:excited:
Yes I've tried reinstalling.

I've emailed ryken(the dev) and hoping for a swift reply, since he's usually quick with those.

WorzelGummage

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
Hi everybody!

Im having issues loading videos in mytube. Anyone else having problems?
"Reason for failure: Error setting result string."
Bought the app a while ago, it used to run smooth.
I have a nokia lumia 920 with the amber update (yey).:excited:
Yes I've tried reinstalling.

I've emailed ryken(the dev) and hoping for a swift reply, since he's usually quick with those.

In case you missed the news, MS released an updated YouTube app a couple of days ago. Then, in less than a day, Google blocked it which also caused other 3rd party YouTube apps to break as well. MetroTube seems to be unaffected so far for me but some people are saying that MetroTube is broken for them too.And Mytube is broken for me too.

WorzelGummage

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
Google are being pretty evil over this issue. The last I heard was that Google instructed Microsoft to build a YouTube client in HTML 5 but Microsoft found the task to be virtually impossible to do. So they added ad support to their old app and re released that one instead. As far as I'm concerned this should have satisfied Google because the lack of ads in the first release was one of the main reasons it was taken down. Plus the download feature which was also removed from the new version. But because the new app wasn't coded entirely in HTML 5 Google used this as a reason to block the app again.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using WPCentral Forums mobile app

Martsicky

May 18, 2013
Visit site
As I know myTube developer is already working on fix. :) Thats what people were saying yesterday, so he might have finished it yet:p

Nor Siraj

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
Yeah I agree, I dug a little deeper into the whole debacle and public opinion including mine seems to be that google are being extra douchey for no valid reason.

sym1a1a

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure why but my supertube app is still fully functional , might try the free version until this whole debacle is sorted out, and NO, I'm not trying to push this app, just trying to give my fellow WP fans an alternative, try it, don't try it, your call

sym1a1a

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
Oh, just so you know I do use the paid version, so I can't say how the free version behaves, also I do own the mytube app as well, so don't think I'm just trying to push some other app lol

Last edited:

WorzelGummage

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
Metrotube is still working perfectly fine for me and I can play multiple videos without any problems. In fact, I've been using Metrotube for as long as I've been using a Windows Phone which is about nine months now and it's never let me down.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using WPCentral Forums mobile app

QuadraFX

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site
I have noticed the same problem with myTube. Only the first video after application start is played and then just the error message.

WP8 situation is becoming worse and worse...

Lawrence Crecy

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
Yea I hope they can fix it because 1. Metrotube is way worse than MyTube since you can't play a video in the background while surfing for other videos

2. You can't listen to just sound while doing other things on your phone

3. The UI is pretty dated compared to MyTube

4. It's a lot slower than MyTube and doesn't load HD videos nearly as fast

5. It makes my phone hot as a lava rock and drains my battery faster than a battery drain app

Martsicky

May 18, 2013
Visit site
Yea I hope they can fix it because 1. Metrotube is way worse than MyTube since you can't play a video in the background while surfing for other videos

2. You can't listen to just sound while doing other things on your phone

3. The UI is pretty dated compared to MyTube

4. It's a lot slower than MyTube and doesn't load HD videos nearly as fast

5. It makes my phone hot as a lava rock and drains my battery faster than a battery drain app

It is fixed in this update, just visit store, update and try by yourself. I agree with you, background audio playback option is lovely

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolz1234