Reply from Comixology

Zeronin

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
We don't have anything to announce about Windows Phone 8, but you can count on us moving to any platform that proves itself to have great devices and an active consumer market.
Erin Kelly
Community Support

I asked them why they have a Windows 8 app and not a Windows Phone 8 app. Also mentioned Windows Phone had an app but they pulled it.

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
As much as we all hate it, using a Windows Phone device requires compromise when it comes to apps. I don't blame any company if they don't want to support the platform. The market share is so small, and some companies just don't have the resources to support multiple platforms, unless each platform is a money maker.

Imagine if you owned a business, and wanted to have an app that not only supported your users, but advertised your company. You have limited resources. Which platform would you go for first? Second? If you answer Windows Phone to either of those questions, that means you either use a WP yourself, or your company uses them. It really is about numbers. WP will be third in the pecking order 90%+ of the time.

Zeronin

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
I hate their response but you're right. It just kills me that they had a WP7 app and they now have a Windows 8 app. I even mentioned that Nokia would probably love to do some kind of partnership with them. And doesn't Microsoft pay app developers for apps now? I feel like the bar is so low for them to develop this app. It's like Instagram. Microsoft even made the app for them and we still can't get it.

crash1989

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Even if they pay money to developers it takes resources to build and more importantly maintain the app. It is the same users who might rate badly if an app is not well made, the value of brand should not be tarnished with bad apps. So, I think many developers are holding back until they see viable growth and user base. Right now, frankly speaking, this is not the case. They might get a fraction of the downloads but it might not be able to suffice. All the above is me assuming stuff and based on my own developer experience with WP.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb