Searching for RSS URLs in Bing News Windows Phone App

EBynum

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
The Windows Phone version of the Bing News app seems unable to find RSS feeds when I search for them using the RSS URL. When I type the RSS URL in the Sources search field, I get a message that it can't be found. When I search for the same RSS URL in the Windows 8 Bing News app on my computer, it finds the feed and I'm able to add it as a source. I tried several times in the Windows Phone app, making sure I typed the URL correctly, but the app just can't find it. But the Windows 8 Bing News app can. Anyone else experiencing this? Does the Windows Phone app just not have the capability to find RSS feeds using the URL? Am I doing something wrong?

EBynum

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Have you tried any specific RSS feed apps? I'm not sure if Bing News supports RSS URLs. This thread lists a number of different apps.

No, I haven't tried any specific RSS feed apps. Thanks for the link. The Windows 8/RT version of Bing News does support RSS URLs, so I thought the Windows Phone version of the app did as well, but that doesn't seem to be the case. Perhaps they'll add that feature in a future update.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss