"Weather & Calendar" app constantly showing "00:00 - 00:00" in appointment field

cheba

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
"Weather & Calendar" app constantly showing "00:00 - 00:00" in appointment field

Hi,

So I am having problems with the Weather & Calendar app on my Lumia 920 (the hidden app that activates when using the DT-910 wireless charger or by using the "Desktop Mode" app from the store). It worked fine after the installation, showing only time and weather when there were no appointments in the calendar. Since yesterday however, the calendar field constantly shows "00:00 - 00:00", like if the whole day was a 24 hour appointment without description. This happens regardless of if there is an upcoming appointment in the calendar or not. Last night I got my Amber update, which didn't fix it. Accessories app is also updated.

I tried googling and found two reports of the same problem, both were over 6 months old and with no solution. One of them mentioned that the problem only is present when using 24 hour time format. I tried setting my phone to 12 hour format and rebooting, and then the app worked fine. However after setting it back to 24 hour setting the problem was still there. I have tried removing the DT-910 from the Accessories menu, doing a soft reset and then reactivating it, nothing seems to help.

Any DT-910 owners or anyone else that have experienced the same problem and knows of a solution?

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Re: "Weather & Calendar" app constantly showing "00:00 - 00:00" in appointment field

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app?

cheba

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
Re: "Weather & Calendar" app constantly showing "00:00 - 00:00" in appointment field

The "Weather & Calendar" app is preinstalled in all Lumias ( at least the ones compatible with DT-910) but hidden, so it can't simply be reinstalled. The "Desktop Mode" app downloaded from the store only provides a shortcut to open the hidden app. But of course I tried reinstalling that one too, not expecting it to help, and it didn't.

However, sometime after midnight the night following my last post, I checked it again and the app was working properly, not showing anything when my calendar had no appointments. The problem hasn't returned since (though I haven't used the app a lot since then). Don't know what made the bug appear and dissappear.

haleme

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site

I have noticed that All Day events or appointments do not show in the Weather and Calendar app after the event has started. I just got a blank spot in the app. After deleting the event, the next calendar item appeared again.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro