Any idea about Official Snapchat for WP8?

RushilPa

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
The title basically says it all, I remember WPCentral had an article about the Official Snapchat client for which Nokia and Snapchat were working together on. The article said it would be released about mid-July etc..We all know that didn't happen. So if anyone has any idea, as to when the official application is going to be released. Please feel free to comment on this thread :)

joshwithachance

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
No Snapchat is definitely holding me back from purchasing a 1020. I know that's lame, but it's the only daily app that I currently use that doesn't have a Windows Phone version. There are unofficial Instagram and Vine apps, as well as official Twitter and Tumblr apps. All that's missing (for me) is Snapchat. I hope we hear something soon.

Lumia 8x

Jul 13, 2013
Visit site
No Snapchat is definitely holding me back from purchasing a 1020. I know that's lame, but it's the only daily app that I currently use that doesn't have a Windows Phone version. There are unofficial Instagram and Vine apps, as well as official Twitter and Tumblr apps. All that's missing (for me) is Snapchat. I hope we hear something soon.

Im sorry that's just a lousy excuse for not buying 1020.

joshwithachance

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
Im sorry that's just a lousy excuse for not buying 1020.

It's more the fact that Snapchat, a major app that was released 2 years ago, still isn't on Windows Phone. Thankfully Rudy made a class Instagram & Vine app or the social networking app situation would be even worse. I'm still most likely going to be picking up a 1020 anyway. Windows Phone as a whole is more appealing to me right now than Android and iOS.

troylytle

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
It's more the fact that Snapchat, a major app that was released 2 years ago, still isn't on Windows Phone. Thankfully Rudy made a class Instagram & Vine app or the social networking app situation would be even worse. I'm still most likely going to be picking up a 1020 anyway. Windows Phone as a whole is more appealing to me right now than Android and iOS.
there are a couple snapchat apps.

Dk92

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
The only good one was taken down by request. Yet, the ones who requested it, never made an official app for the platform. Anything to keep windows phone down..

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
have you tried contacting snapchat directly?

"Thank you for contacting Snapchat.
We understand your complaint and sympathize with you."

Now this will go one of two ways:

"We are working with (someone, Nokia and/or MS) to create an app for Windows Phone. Sign up here to be notified."

OR

"We have no plans to support Windows Phone at this time, we apologize for the inconvienience."

OR, worst case scenario

"We apologize, we have exclusivity agreements, check here for supported operating systems."

"Sincerely,
the Snapchat team"

Lumia 8x

Jul 13, 2013
Visit site
I apologize if I sound rude, but who are you to say what's a good or bad excuse to get a phone? If it's an app that's important to him then that's all that matters!

I only said it because the guy said that not having one app is holding him from buying the revolutionary phone and also likes the os. Since he has his current phone that can do snapchat I figured he can use that phone just for snapchat and get the 1020.

Paulo1300

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site
i still have swapchat on my phone thankfully.. but i really hope snapchat gets an app out soon.
i have had quite a few people ask me if windows phone has snap chat, and when i say no, they lose interest

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte