No Oggl for 512mb devices

BrandonCormier

Jun 14, 2013
Visit site
I recently emailed Hipstamatic about bringing their Oggl app to 512mb devices and got this in response:

"Hey there Brandon,

Thanks for your note. We hear your request! :)

We?d love to be able to offer Oggl for those devices. However, due to processing requirements, Oggl requires the larger amount of RAM. Sorry about that.

Cheers,
Allan

Original message:

Dear Hipstamatic,

I would like to please ask you to consider adding support for Windows Phone 8 devices with 512mb of ram. I for one would love to start using your app, but am unable to download it on my Lumia 521 due to the lack of ram. I am sure I speak for many others when I say that the app would be a very welcome edition to devices like the 520, 521, 720, and 620.

Please consider it,

Brandon"

I am guessing that is a definite no? Seems a shame since 512mb devices are popular in the windows phone world.

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Given how slow the app seems to work on devices with 1-2GB ram, this might actually be a good thing because I can only imagine the complaints they'd have for devices like the 520/521.

Do you want the app for the Camera aspect(it really isn't worth it imo) or the direct upload to instagram?

umang_k91

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
do a lot of people use it though? i donnt care for it really. plus when it launched it was really bad, although its been updated several times since

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
I personally gave up on the app because it was pretty bad. I know that the performance has gotten better but I think paying a yearly subscription to get more filters is ridiculous. Also I couldn't 'be in the moment' when mucking with the filters. I just use Avery Photo Editor and I'm a lot happier. :)

iamtim

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
When I got back into WP last month, I did so on a 520 and wanted Oggl like dammit because of the official Instagram support. The inability to run Oggl on the 520 was one of the main reasons I ditched it and got a 920. Then I found out that apps like Instance (and, now, 6tag) exist so I dumped Oggl. Heh.

BrandonCormier

Jun 14, 2013
Visit site
Given how slow the app seems to work on devices with 1-2GB ram, this might actually be a good thing because I can only imagine the complaints they'd have for devices like the 520/521.

Do you want the app for the Camera aspect(it really isn't worth it imo) or the direct upload to instagram?

I actually want it for the whole filter / community aspect. I see it as the closest thing Windows Phone has to VSCO Cam (not filter wise but community wise).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss