No StumbleUpon

shobhan03

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Why StumbleUpon is not releasing app for Windows Phone 8 but it released for Windows 8 ?

moreover, when they know that WP8 is one of the leading OS platform now, why such bias ?

Same goes for Instagram, though we have 6tag now, thats a different thing.

crash1989

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Right, there is a windows 8 app for stumbleupon, Maybe you could ask the developers for their plans.

I wouldn't call it bias maybe they can't deal with say 10k downloads a week and need more than 50k. Simple reason is it takes effort to maintain apps and if an app is not maintained well it will casue ratings to tumble and in turn raise newer complaints.

But now going forward I think apps are coming in quicker than what it was a year back.

ag1986

Banned
Jan 14, 2013
Visit site
I think it would be better it we say it is a platform with substantial number of users. (Android has huge numbers, happy now :) )

Define 'substantial'.

The point I was trying to make, albeit indirectly, was that it costs resources and dev time to build apps. And then maintain them of course.

With free apps like this, they're unlikely to get good fill rates or responses from their ad publishers. So, it's logical that they'd not spend resources developing the app. You're a developer, I'd think you would find it logical :)

ag1986

Banned
Jan 14, 2013
Visit site
Hey android with at the top, followed by iOS and WP almost beating BB. How does that sound ?

I don't care?

I'm platform-agnostic, I use whatever does what I need and then whatever does it best. WP doesn't fulfill my first requirement but I'm fairly confident that #2 will be fulfilled when #1 is.

crash1989

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Define 'substantial'.

The point I was trying to make, albeit indirectly, was that it costs resources and dev time to build apps. And then maintain them of course.

With free apps like this, they're unlikely to get good fill rates or responses from their ad publishers. So, it's logical that they'd not spend resources developing the app. You're a developer, I'd think you would find it logical :)

Is 8.2% in europe substantial enough http://forums.windowscentral.com/ge...ne-reaches-8-2%-europe-getting-close-ios.html

Second most used OS in Thailland. Substantial enough? so with more than 30 million devices (I can prove there are easily more than 30) I think it is reason enough to develop

I argue the same but with the argument that they might be needing more than 100k downloads a week rather than 30k that would come from windows phone. The windows phone userbase is big enough and will only get bigger.

I think I am going to no longer support the fact that windows phone is not big "enough" . I think some big developers being in US see US as their major market and the situation isn't rosy there

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon