MAPs favories on Windows 8 sync to my windows phone?

meson2000

May 13, 2013
Visit site
I'm new Nokia 928 user. I use windows 8 on my pc and I have a bunch of favorite locations starred and saved. Is there a way to get these to sync to my windows phone? Both my PC and my phone use the same ms account. I am referring to the normal Bing Maps application on my phone, not the Nokia Here Maps.

In addition, I am unable to figure out how to set a favorite directly on my phone in the MS Maps application. On the Nokia Here Maps I can save a favorite, but I haven't been able to figure out how to do it in MS's Maps application.

Thanks for your help!

crash1989

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I'm new Nokia 928 user. I use windows 8 on my pc and I have a bunch of favorite locations starred and saved. Is there a way to get these to sync to my windows phone? Both my PC and my phone use the same ms account. I am referring to the normal Bing Maps application on my phone, not the Nokia Here Maps.

In addition, I am unable to figure out how to set a favorite directly on my phone in the MS Maps application. On the Nokia Here Maps I can save a favorite, but I haven't been able to figure out how to do it in MS's Maps application.

Thanks for your help!

Isn't Bing Maps no longer available in windows phone as an app? Here Maps from Navteq, Nokia are the primary mapping service. You might not be able to sync your old places into here maps.

meson2000

May 13, 2013
Visit site
Yeah. I know that the Nokia HERE maps are the default on my Lumin 928, however, i installed the hard link to the MS Maps app on my windows phone in the hopes that it would sync my favorites from my Windows 8 PC. However, it doesn't appear to be the case. That is unfortunate because on my old Android phone I could see my favorites on google maps if I was on my phone or on my PC and if i updated one it would automatically sync and update the other.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720