Weather Apps Not Updating Live Tiles

jswantek

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
I'm having a problem with my two weather apps, The Weather Channel and Amazing Weather. I have live tiles for both on my start screen, but they don't update unless I open the app. I have checked and they're both allowed to run in the background, but they don't update the live tiles.

Thing is, the problem is unique to the weather apps. I have the Fox News app installed, and that live tile updates, just not the weather ones.

Again, I have checked the settings and both apps are allowed to run in the background.

I have also tried unpinning and re-pinning the live tiles, as well as completely uninstalling and reinstalling the apps. The problem persists.

I'm using a Nokia Lumia 920

Is anyone else having this problem?

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
I think he's asking specifically about weather tiles, not tiles in general. I am also having a similar problem. It just started last week. I currently have WPCentral, myBattery, Chronos Calendar, MyFitnessPal, and Nextgen Reader pinned with live tiles, in addition to a weather app. While the other apps update as normal, whatever weather app I use is very erratic. Amazing Weather, Weather Flow, The Forecast, makes no difference. Sometimes they'll go over 12 hours without updating before I open the app to trigger it again. I did a reset of my phone on Sunday and so far things seem to be working fine, but it's early.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans