Wanted: A SkyDrive music app

Nakazul

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
As the title suggests, I want a music player experience on my WP that have random, repeat, and some kind of small buffering so its not 5 seconds silence between songs. I want to have MP3 and WAV support.
There are some players on store now that is close to great. "Sky Music Drive" absorbs all my songs and is the king of the hill. Sky Music from Wilkinson is in second place with shuffle and great looks, but won't register every song and have no WAV support. A problem are there is 5 second silence between songs, so a sort of mix feat would be nice to get a little less lag.
I currently have my Lumia 920 on service so I can't look at the store to see if there is any difference for the phone in using now (Lumia 800).

Plz any developer, give us a Zune interface so its easy to brows my 10 00 songs and have a smooth music experience. All I want is to enjoy music, doesn't need to look fancy.
Oh, if the developer for Sky Music Drive reads this, pleeze update your tile! Its ugly as beep.
With SkyDrive storage prices being this nice I can't be alone?

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
You seem to have an incredibly specific idea for the app you want. It only costs $19 to dev unlock your phone and start coding - have you considered trying to make it?

Nick_1020

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
As the title suggests, I want a music player experience on my WP that have random, repeat, and some kind of small buffering so its not 5 seconds silence between songs. I want to have MP3 and WAV support.
There are some players on store now that is close to great. "Sky Music Drive" absorbs all my songs and is the king of the hill. Sky Music from Wilkinson is in second place with shuffle and great looks, but won't register every song and have no WAV support. A problem are there is 5 second silence between songs, so a sort of mix feat would be nice to get a little less lag.
I currently have my Lumia 920 on service so I can't look at the store to see if there is any difference for the phone in using now (Lumia 800).

Plz any developer, give us a Zune interface so its easy to brows my 10 00 songs and have a smooth music experience. All I want is to enjoy music, doesn't need to look fancy.
Oh, if the developer for Sky Music Drive reads this, pleeze update your tile! Its ugly as beep.
With SkyDrive storage prices being this nice I can't be alone?

I second the motion :)

I've called for this kind of app too and all the ones I have tried so far have come up short.

It would be great if an app could read playlists hosted on SkyDrive too as creating them on the phone and then editing the order of the tracks is a pain in the arse,

Nakazul

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
I'm not alone? Phew.
This must be a area where there is a lot of future potentials, and, maybe profits (the future is above us : ). All one can do is hope a developer thinking the same is hearing us.

Nick_1020

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
I think there could be a huge market for a good app of this kind. This kinda thing could help save huge amounts of disk space on the phone and the user could be happy in the knowledge that they can listen to their music just about any time they like (as long as they have a mobile or wifi connection).

Feel free to make a suggestion to the guy who started the following thread:
http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-phone-apps/240625-developer-needs-ideas-new-app.html

A developer PM'd me a little while ago to say he was considering making such an app but I haven't heard anything as yet.

Nakazul

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
There is Zero music players on W8 metro store. One could hope there is the time for a new winamp/vlc/ magic player for the MSFT cloud.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I moved my music to SkyDrive, all 4 GB of it and it's a nice setup.

I'm also interested in trying to learn C# and stuff, so maybe this is the idea i've been waiting for, but school is a big roadblock. And my Core 2 Duo, sans whatever that WP8 emulator wants.

Maybe I should put W8 back on this thing as well.

Nakazul

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
W8 runs so smooth even on not to powerful computers and with 8.1 hopefully it will satisfy a lot more users. Yes I say there is a opportunity to be the best here and hopefully crossplatform wise. But my WP will be happy with some love. And as stated before, MSFT is improving SkyDrive in a fast rate, and more and more users should be pouring in.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett