Instagram Hashtag Issue

rynthnyltrr

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
is there any way to resolve that or the only solution is to create a new account? does full log out at InPic solve the problem or your account will still remain flagged? thanks!

iamtim

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I used Instance (v1, not the v2 beta) and found that my hashtags were not searchable. When 6tag was getting ready to come out, I uninstalled Instance. When I installed 6tag, my first post was hashtag searchable. I've since used 6tag, Instance v2 beta, and InPic and not had any hashtag issues.

So... maybe the uninstall of Instance v1 somehow triggered the logout with Instagram, or maybe it was just the week or so between the Instance uninstall and the 6tag install. You might want to try uninstalling whatever app you're using, waiting a couple of days, then installing one of the new apps with the security fix and do a login/logout on that app. Hopefully, when you log back in, Instagram will recognize your account is all good.

Nickkk101

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
I took InstanceV2 beta for a spin between a period with 6tag for my own evaluation. I ended up sticking with 6tag and have since uninstalled the instance beta and original however i now have no hashtag support again.... so freaking annoying. I had searchable hashtags for a brief period ( a few days) and the problem has returned. my last use of Instance would have been just 5/6 days ago so im currently left seeing if i ever get searchable tags back.

Nickkk101

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
I heard revoking access to third party apps will solve the problem.. not quite sure but will give it a try.. Revoke access to other third party apps from here https://instagram.com/accounts/manage_access

use your desktop for opening the website..

Interesting... there were a few apps there i no longer used, but curiously not Instance or 6tag. I removed them regardless as i dont use them. here's hoping..

iamtim

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I'd be really surprised if any WP apps other than Oggl show up there. That's part of the problem; Instagram doesn't recognize them as valid 3rd party apps.

Nickkk101

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
I'd be really surprised if any WP apps other than Oggl show up there. That's part of the problem; Instagram doesn't recognize them as valid 3rd party apps.

Oggl, metrogram and instagraph were present if i recall correctly. All now deleted.

Gorki247

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
The problem is with third-party apps that use the API in an 'undocumented' way - Instance, Inpic, 6tag. These apps do not show up on the revoke access page, so you need to make sure you completely log out of the app for the required period (rumoured to be 7 days).

However, Instance doesn't sign you out properly at the moment (Inpic and 6tag do). Instance v2 should address this, but until then you're stuck if you used instance recently. Not sure what's holding up the release of v2 as the beta has been out for a while now and there don't appear to be any significant bugs.

Nickkk101

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
The problem is with third-party apps that use the API in an 'undocumented' way - Instance, Inpic, 6tag. These apps do not show up on the revoke access page, so you need to make sure you completely log out of the app for the required period (rumoured to be 7 days).

However, Instance doesn't sign you out properly at the moment (Inpic and 6tag do). Instance v2 should address this, but until then you're stuck if you used instance recently. Not sure what's holding up the release of v2 as the beta has been out for a while now and there don't appear to be any significant bugs.

so I/we need to avoid ANY use of 6tag for at least 7 days,and log out, despite not having used the 'problem apps' Instance (V1+V2beta) for at least 7 days? correct?

If so that seems odd, as even before I was aware of the 'revoke access' procedure, my hashtags did appear to work, briefly, during a period where I was not using Instance as my preferred client. I believe when Instance V2 beta was launched and i tried that out, I flagged my account again un-knowingly..

Gorki247

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
so I/we need to avoid ANY use of 6tag for at least 7 days,and log out, despite not having used the 'problem apps' Instance (V1+V2beta) for at least 7 days? correct?
That's how I understood it, but I'm not 100% sure to be honest. I also understood that you should be ok to use the official app (Android/iOS) during that time.

The trouble is that no one has been able to clearly detail how to successfully un-flag an account or if the 7 day period is indeed correct; at least not that I found.

If so that seems odd, as even before I was aware of the 'revoke access' procedure, my hashtags did appear to work, briefly, during a period where I was not using Instance as my preferred client. I believe when Instance V2 beta was launched and i tried that out, I flagged my account again un-knowingly..

The apps listed on the 'revoke access' page shouldn't be an issue as those either cannot post to Instagram or they use the official APIs (Instagraph, Oggl). This issue started with apps using "not-so-official" APIs; Instance and early versions of the 6tag beta. Instance v2 beta should be ok; It is possible that v1 flagged your account, but that this didn't come into effect until Instagram turned on the relevant security feature.

Nickkk101

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Right oh. That seems to be how I have understood it. The lack of clear explanation (apart from yours btw) is baffling and infuriating. The wait goes on..

Nickkk101

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Bumping this to see if there are any solutions or info on this. Still no hashtags and Rudy, busy as he is, cant seem to respond on Twitter to me... I really don't want to set a new account but this problem is really frustrating.

hafeezpunjani

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
The same thing happened to me last night. I have not been using instance, inpic, or any other app, just 6tag. Before i switched to 6tag from instance, i unistalled instance, revoked access from all the apps, and just switched to 6tag. I waited a couple of days to upload a pic, and when I did my hash tags came back. But last night i uploaded a couple of pictures and for both of them the hashtags were blocked again. I did not change or install any other app so I have no idea what caused it.

Gorki247

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Bumping this to see if there are any solutions or info on this. Still no hashtags and Rudy, busy as he is, cant seem to respond on Twitter to me... I really don't want to set a new account but this problem is really frustrating.
Still nothing, I'm afraid. Not sure there is anything Rudy can do about this. Did you say you used the original Instance? Daniel is your man, in that case. He either needs to release his v2 update or release a interim fix for the current v1 so that at least we can log out correctly.

Nickkk101

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Still nothing, I'm afraid. Not sure there is anything Rudy can do about this. Did you say you used the original Instance? Daniel is your man, in that case. He either needs to release his v2 update or release a interim fix for the current v1 so that at least we can log out correctly.

yeah i suspected that might be the case, and i had been an Instance user, since the days of Itsdagram too. As far a 'logging out correctly' goes, is that something the dev has to to or is it literally the case of the user/consumer logging out within the app?- in any case, those apps are no longer in use on my phone and have been removed.

Gorki247

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
yeah i suspected that might be the case, and i had been an Instance user, since the days of Itsdagram too. As far a 'logging out correctly' goes, is that something the dev has to to or is it literally the case of the user/consumer logging out within the app?- in any case, those apps are no longer in use on my phone and have been removed.
No, the developer has to add a few lines of code to his app. Currently the log out process on v1 doesn't log you completely from the Instagram service. This has been corrected for v2, so when he releases this you will need to install the app so it takes cares of that for you. Then it should be a matter of waiting a few days. At least that's what I've been told; we'll see how it actually goes when the time comes. Who knows what else Instagram is doing to 'improve' their security.

Nickkk101

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
I see, that makes sense. Is it your understanding that the V2 Beta didn't have that added code to enforce this 'correct' logging out procedure? Obviously the V2 final launch cant be too far off but, to have all of his V1 users crippled by this must be a bit embarrassing for him-even though it was a move on Instagram's part. I must be one of many having this problem surely. Regardless, I hope you are correct!

Ps out of interest Gorki247, are you currently experiencing a similar issue or have you had this problem? Im glad you are well informed on the issue!

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers