Windows Phone 7 app purchase.

sejgiul

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
Yes, it will. I had an optimus 7 previously and bought the wpcentral app, skulls of the shogun and some other apps and they were all available to me without having to buy again. You'll have to use the same account though :)

awilliams1701

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
Question. If i have wp7 and have purchased an app. will it be available as a purchased if i buy wp8 phone? Thanks in advance :)

Yes and No. I had an HTC Arrive and switched to the Nokia 928. I had a number of Apps that were missing (some of which still exist on WP7 after a hard reset) and a number of apps that don't exist at all. Angry Birds is an example. I purchased the original version and it was replaced with a newer version. I would have to re-purchase it. I purchased Angry Birds: Rio instead.

I'm not sure why some Apps are WP7 exclusives, but it all depends on what's available. I've heard a number of people say by the time the 928 came out many of the WP7 exclusives were now on WP8 as well.

Wilsen Hernandez

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
Everything is ok. I 've got samsung ativ s and had everything setup. Except angry birds, the store won't let me install. I paid 0.99 and here we are :)

The problem with Angry Birds is that, WP7 and WP8 are different apps. So, If you paid for the WP7 app you will need to pay again for the WP8 app.

Same happened with me, I got Angry Birds on my Lumia 800 when it was free for like 2 weeks, and when switched to WP8 I had to pay the 0.99$.

awilliams1701

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
No I broke my HTC Arrive and bought a temporary replacement until I could switch to Verizon for the Nokia 928. My version of Angry Birds was gone. The same new Angry Birds did exist on WP7 that existed on WP8. I think I didn't actually buy them so I would have to test it. I suppose I could try to install RIO on my replacement HTC Arrive.

The problem with Angry Birds is that, WP7 and WP8 are different apps. So, If you paid for the WP7 app you will need to pay again for the WP8 app.

Same happened with me, I got Angry Birds on my Lumia 800 when it was free for like 2 weeks, and when switched to WP8 I had to pay the 0.99$.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb