App question

SLoy87

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
Hi All,

I live in Belgium and have a windowsphone for over 2 years. I like my phone and OS very much.
The only thing that I found very frustrating is that new apps always come out for Android and IOS first. Those apps become available on WP whit delay or just don't...
For instance in Belgium we have certain specific apps which have big succes like "everyday football, de slimste mens ter wereld, ..." that all came out for IOS and Android. When I aske the producers if they are going to make this app available for WP the answer is always negatif.

Is this going to change?
Will there be a time when new apps will be available for WP equal with IOS and Android?

Regards,
Steven

lantern20

Nov 20, 2008
Visit site
Hi Steven,
Things probably won't be changing any time soon, at least not until WP is a larger portion of the mobile market. The only thing you can do is continue to ask developers to develop for WP alongside the other platforms.

crash1989

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Hi All,

I live in Belgium and have a windowsphone for over 2 years. I like my phone and OS very much.
The only thing that I found very frustrating is that new apps always come out for Android and IOS first. Those apps become available on WP whit delay or just don't...
For instance in Belgium we have certain specific apps which have big succes like "everyday football, de slimste mens ter wereld, ..." that all came out for IOS and Android. When I aske the producers if they are going to make this app available for WP the answer is always negatif.

Is this going to change?
Will there be a time when new apps will be available for WP equal with IOS and Android?

Regards,
Steven

Ha .. in India today one of the biggest(insanely huge) apps got released called IRCTC Indian Government will not put out an app on Android due to the security issues.This is the result of the partnership between Microsoft India and Indian Government, so this kind of stuff from MSFT will always help. I hope they do more of these 'partnerships'.

IRCTC | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (भारत)

That said unless WP gets very close to iOS in terms of marketshare and we all start complaining even more the apps won't come sooner.

SLoy87

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
Is the difference between IOS-, Android- and WP-code that big?
Don't know what the effort is for converting the code to WP, but as WP-public is getting bigger I hope this issue will go away and apps will also come out standard on WP.

crash1989

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Is the difference between IOS-, Android- and WP-code that big?
Don't know what the effort is for converting the code to WP, but as WP-public is getting bigger I hope this issue will go away and apps will also come out standard on WP.

Are you talking about Code as in the development internals. I think the concepts are same, once you develop an app for one mobile platform it is similar to others in concepts. Whereas the programming paradigm changes and the design guidelines change."Porting" an app to a different platform is done with many games and apps already.

I found it easier to switch from Android to WP since Java and C# are similar in many cases. Also having XML, HTML, Javascript, CSS knowledge helps a lot.

I still think a 'few' more developers will catch up this year seeing the growth in Europe and Asia.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa