Should I go for Navigon?

mylfx

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
It's on sale today for less than 25 bucks...Choosing between a Garmin GPS and Navigon. Can I count on Navigon? :):smile:

mylfx

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the info! Yea I also tried Here Drive+, and it has led me to wrong places. One trip to MD, it navigated to a ferry and stopped (I guess it was waiting me to cross the river...) :(

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I finally bought an actual GPS unit. My 920 gets hot enough running navigation and charging, that leaving it on the windshield to face the sun doesn't sound like a good idea. Also, not a big fan of how the phone handles a call coming in when using navigation.

mylfx

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
Thank u! Yea phone calling may be a big problem...Is it possible to disable (block) phone calls while using cellular data (for navigon traffic)?
Another concern I saw online is the battery issue. Does Navigon drain battery a lot (draining even with the charger on)?

western_riders_dad

Dec 22, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the info! Yea I also tried Here Drive+, and it has led me to wrong places. One trip to MD, it navigated to a ferry and stopped (I guess it was waiting me to cross the river...) :(

Just a side comment: Under "Settings" for Here Drive+, you can enable / disable routes requiring a ferry. By default, it is enabled.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12