VLC PLAYER for Windows phone 8

WPuser2012

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Could any one from wpcentral tell me the update of VLC player for windows phone 8, I believe they have raised the money as well for this , Do you have any update on this, If not do you know any third party video players that can play all video formats ?

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
I emailed them and the head of the project said that the app itself can pass verification in the store since they updated their 8 million lines of code to run on W8, but they still have to transfer the audio/video APIs from the old style to the new one otherwise it won't work. Also WP is coming after the W8 version since the APIs are different. I would assume that whenever the whole "77% of shared APIs" thing comes into play, it'll come to WP.

Edit: also, apparently Google blocked them from the play store, so to the "average consumer", you could show them that WP has an app that they don't.

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site

mtshuksan

Nov 7, 2013
Visit site

wapoz

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
MoliPlayer Pro, from iOS and Android, will be released to Windows Phone store on Nov. 8. It supports most of the video and audio formats, mkv, flv, avi, rmvb, vob, divx, xvid, flac, ape, amr, midi etc. It supports playback of videos which have been uploaded to the camera roll of the phone by USB. Want to give it a try? Please see this post for screen shots and details http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-phone-apps/248907-new-all-format-video-music-player-anyone.html

tumblr_lk0grz1uBu1qaj5jro1_500.gif
I'm so happy :D

mingirel popescu

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
I have an IP camera ((Brickcom FB-100Ae) and I can not connect to it using Nokia Lumia 520. Is about rtsp protocol.....I can connect to it from pc using vlc player. I can connect without problems with android using bsplayer, and using ios also is possible.

The link i'm connecting to looks like this:

rtsp://user:password@host:554/channel1

I've already tried IP Cam controller but is not working.

Can you suggest some app can solve my problem?

Thanks in advance.

geoghotas

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
right now these are on top conditon but yet VlC player could not released for wp8.1

1. MoliPlayer Pro
2. Video Player for VLC
3. Best Player
4. Yxplayer
5. FLV Video Player
6. cPlayer

Ashish Gupta888

Retired Ambassador
Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
based on Thomas Nigro's todays tweet, VLC is all set to release in a few days. He just had implemented and tested SD card navigation functionality today.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss