MORE iOS APPS FOR WINDOWS PHONE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

vormison

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
It's funny when people complain of the lack of apps and then I click on the link provided:

Instagram - available
Path - no idea what this is and I probably couldn't care less
Vine - available
Google apps - wtf
YouTube - I very rarely have an issue playing YouTube videos
iFunny - iNo
Google Chrome - fNo

Don't get me wrong, the more apps the better but if WP just continuously chases has-been apps then it's never going to be taken seriously.

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
6tag is better than the first party Instagram on iOS and Android.
6sec is a great Vine app
Path: Never really cared
Google Apps: do you mean like Google Docs, Gmail..ect, then Fno

angusdegraosta

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
Leafsnap... and more educational apps. One of my favs in the education category on WP so far is Wordbook - excellent dictionary with extensive etymologies.

FinsUpDNC

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
I am very happy with 6tagram, 6sec etc....but don't fool yourself. These apps can not be marketed by Microsoft, Phone Companies, Nokia, etc as they are unofficial. As that they are unofficial, they can have access revoked at anytime. I use 6tagram, and have since beta. So my hashtags are not usable which is not the biggest deal t me, but that would harm many users. I love third party developers, but you can only market the official apps....so we need to see more and see them yesterday.

vormison

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
I am very happy with 6tagram, 6sec etc....but don't fool yourself. These apps can not be marketed by Microsoft, Phone Companies, Nokia, etc as they are unofficial. As that they are unofficial, they can have access revoked at anytime. I use 6tagram, and have since beta. So my hashtags are not usable which is not the biggest deal t me, but that would harm many users. I love third party developers, but you can only market the official apps....so we need to see more and see them yesterday.

I understand the mentality, I just don't agree with it. I think it's apparent that the WP platform is going to have to differentiate itself from the pack instead of following and copying. Once Nokia realized this and ran with it, things started looking up. Concentrating on imaging is more important than getting 4 old apps that the iOS has and I think the market is responding.

I'd rather have frequent updates, Halo, achievements, great imaging, etc. and we are on our way.

FinsUpDNC

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
I understand the mentality, I just don't agree with it. I think it's apparent that the WP platform is going to have to differentiate itself from the pack instead of following and copying. Once Nokia realized this and ran with it, things started looking up. Concentrating on imaging is more important than getting 4 old apps that the iOS has and I think the market is responding.

I'd rather have frequent updates, Halo, achievements, great imaging, etc. and we are on our way.

Great, well I pay my cable company how much a month? Part of that includes access to apps such as Watch ESPN, HBO Go, Showtime, Starz, Time Warner, etc. So missing apps like these for example actually cost me money. These are apps that everyone I know actually use, so when I show them my phone...even if they are impressed not ONE person would ever consider getting a Windows Phone. I love my Nokia hardware, I like the Windows Phone 8 platform as it does more out of the box before you install one app than the others. However, the hole WP is in is very very very deep, especially in the US. WP is making great in roads in some markets which is great, but GDR2, 3, or 8.1 won't get my friends to convert. We were even promised Path, Flipboard, etc at an actual event...and still nothing.

Divjot Singh

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Path and Vine are coming to Lumias (at least) as per Nokia's announcement. So we are getting most of apps , just give it time!
About the browsers, one can not create their own engine and run it on WP/WinRT. So we can only have skins for IE with "those features". Well UCBrowser has them and does a great job. And we can obviously expect IE11 WP to get better with WP8.1. Opera too has plans to create their own app (just bing for sources, too lazy :p )

And for iFunny, umm just pin it's site ? http://ifunny.mobi/f Or even better , switch to 9gag! http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store/app/9gag/91000c5c-9943-43b8-aa65-7609d91057ef Or imgur ? http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store/app/grin/1148ec57-6099-44c9-9389-59ce7abf35e8

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
I don't want to crash myself on a pole in the middle of a roadway or drive all the way to a dead end, Here Maps assures that doesn't happen.

Psst - I don't know how to drive.

osoalex

May 24, 2013
Visit site
I don't really care for ANY of those apps. But I know some pals that didn't switch to a WP just because of Chrome or Path.

Also I think that we must push for some first party apps, so more developers may be interested in the platform.

Finally, I don't want any Googleish stuff in my phone.

Harjit Minhas

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
have you got the gdr2 installed and if you have a lumia device do you have amber installed? cause its like 100 times faster, not even slightly exaggerating on this,

MyNL822

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
Not everyone ditched google just because they moved to windows phone I still use my Gmail account. I wouldn't mind some google apps, but I don't need chrome, I like UC browser and maybe Microsoft could sometime soon windows 8 the internet explorer on phone, tablet, and computer. They should make it like UC browser and take advantage of the tiles. And I won't more apps period, I want some games too, but Microsoft cares more about volume, and you can't get volume without apps so they aren't making much progress.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)