IMDB App

afgzee

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
So the IMDB app has not been updated for Windows Phone for over 1 year now, I am not able to use the same functions as on my android and I cannot even login to the windows phone version.

Anyway to get their attention, there is no way to contact them directly expect to post on their community, which I have:

https://getsatisfaction.com/imdb/topics/why_is_the_app_for_windows_phone_not_getting_updates

I guess if you use the app like I do, you can +1 it to push it to the top and get their attention :smile:

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I sent an email to Amazon customer support asking when Amazon would support Windows Phone with their digital platforms, such as the Amazon Music Cloud or the Amazon Video player. I am a Prime customer, and having access to those videos on the go would be awesome...I received a canned response that said they would take the idea under consideration.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
With the tight integration with the OS and the web browser... you'd expect loads of features for it or constant updates.

afgzee

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Still no update or reply, tried tweeting them aswell with no response.

What else can we do? I don't mind the app as a while I just don't like the fact that I cannot log into my account

Lance_WPCentral

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
Microsoft said that 2014 would be a year of focusing on app quality than quantity. The first app they need to consider is IMDb and get it in line with that of Android. IMDb is my favorite site for movies and TV shows info and I use it a lot on the laptop. Its about 2 years now and not a single update which is seriously pathetic ! Hope something is done soon, can only keep my fingers crossed.

androidtoWM

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Microsoft said that 2014 would be a year of focusing on app quality than quantity. The first app they need to consider is IMDb and get it in line with that of Android. IMDb is my favorite site for movies and TV shows info and I use it a lot on the laptop. Its about 2 years now and not a single update which is seriously pathetic ! Hope something is done soon, can only keep my fingers crossed.
hope they keep their word. Flickr, Trip advisor are some other apps that haven't been updated in years. I remember Joe tweeting about Flickr (that he talked to Yahoo and there was nothing to announce).

afgzee

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
IMDB have ignored every attempt I have tried, twitter, their support page, they even mark threads about windows phone as answered without answering the questions, this company is disgusting.

Lance_WPCentral

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
IMDb simply turns a deaf year towards Windows Phone users. I have contacted them in the past and never got a reply. Don't expect an update for the next 1 year at least.

anon(5348535)

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
As of recently, IMDB app lost sharing with FB on my 8.1 Lumia 920... well, it's not fully lost, but it is broken; when I try to share movie from IMDB to FB, it comes across as textual link, instead of usual movie image, title etc. Quite sad. Anyone else experienced same problem..?

10curtains

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site
IMBD is owned by Amazon. So I wouldn't hold my breath getting an update for this app.

I have been emailing them for months about the kindle app.
Same answer everytime. Sorry bla bla .

Amazon at the moment have had a falling out with a publishing company and are making selling books a bit difficult for them. I now wonder if Amazon has an issue with Microsoft as both windows 8.1 and windows phone either lack amazon apps, or the apps that are made are forgotten.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos