Any Mendeley app out there or anybody working on it?

mcheiron

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

does anybody know if there is a Mendeley app (mendeley.com) out there or if anybody is working on one. It is a very wide spread reference and document management software in the scientific world. Mendeley itself is not working on an app, since they don't have enough resources as they say. But they did make an iPhone and an iPad app (the old story right?). They do have APIs out there and some people build Android apps.

Thanks

Jnbs

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

does anybody know if there is a Mendeley app (mendeley.com) out there or if anybody is working on one. It is a very wide spread reference and document management software in the scientific world. Mendeley itself is not working on an app, since they don't have enough resources as they say. But they did make an iPhone and an iPad app (the old story right?). They do have APIs out there and some people build Android apps.

Thanks

Are you looking for an RSS or a more complex app

mcheiron

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
The app would access the online library that each user has with Mendeley and should allow the download and view of pdfs in it.

This would be the basic usage. Additionally, it would be nice to read and post updates to groups, invite new members and so on.

ShreyansShah

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
can u elaborate the actual application of Mendeley?
i am unable to understand it completely from its website. i actually didn't understand the purpose and to whom it wll be useful.

mcheiron

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
It is a program useful in academia mostly. Anybody who is writing publications, theses, reports, proposals, homework normally needs to add references and cite other peoples work. This program is organizing them, lets you read them from their online repository and create reference lists. For iOS there are native apps, for Android several apps using their API.

I hope this helps.

M

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720