Need a reliable IM to iPhone

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
Was using WhatsApp but we simply cannot take it anymore. It is so unreliable. Messages are randomly delayed hours for no apparent reason.

Kik seems to be much more reliable, however I cannot get icon notifications! If I miss my Toast, I have no idea I got a message unless I randomly check the App. While that is better than WhatsApp, at least I can control that unlike messages flat out not delivering at all, I need something more reliable.

Apparently, iOS has to pay for Skype?? He caught me off guard with that one.

Facebook chat is a great option for me (WP8), but he has to open the App everytime and apparently doesn't really like the way it works and its also very feature limited. Sending images, files, emoticons, etc... (maybe I got the file sending mixed up with Skype...)

He (iPhone guy) really likes the feature set of WhatsApp, so this is tough for both of us, but we need something else.

Do not want to pay for it. The whole idea of using an IM App is simply to avoid paying $20/month for SMS. What a rip...

I know MANY people here use WhatsApp, apparently without issue, but it is truly awful for me/us. Honestly, my buddy thought it was awesome as well until I showed him everytime our messages were being delayed.

If only BBM were coming to WP. Ugh...

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
Wow, Skype started so well. It slowly got worse and worse. Like 5hrs for a message to push through even though I can see I got a notification for it. This was the worst one yet! I cant believe PUSH messaging is so bad on this platform.

I've pretty much tried all the major ones, so I'm just waiting for BBM...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb