Was using WhatsApp but we simply cannot take it anymore. It is so unreliable. Messages are randomly delayed hours for no apparent reason.

Kik seems to be much more reliable, however I cannot get icon notifications! If I miss my Toast, I have no idea I got a message unless I randomly check the App. While that is better than WhatsApp, at least I can control that unlike messages flat out not delivering at all, I need something more reliable.

Apparently, iOS has to pay for Skype?? He caught me off guard with that one.

Facebook chat is a great option for me (WP8), but he has to open the App everytime and apparently doesn't really like the way it works and its also very feature limited. Sending images, files, emoticons, etc... (maybe I got the file sending mixed up with Skype...)

He (iPhone guy) really likes the feature set of WhatsApp, so this is tough for both of us, but we need something else.

Do not want to pay for it. The whole idea of using an IM App is simply to avoid paying $20/month for SMS. What a rip...

I know MANY people here use WhatsApp, apparently without issue, but it is truly awful for me/us. Honestly, my buddy thought it was awesome as well until I showed him everytime our messages were being delayed.

If only BBM were coming to WP. Ugh...
    10-17-2013 01:41 PM
    IM +?

Viber?
    10-17-2013 01:55 PM
    IM +?

Viber?
    I've never used either. What's the difference between IM+ free and paid? I don't really see in it the descriptions, unless you need paid for PUSH.

Reliability and feature set is what I really want.
    10-17-2013 02:07 PM
    I don't believe you have to pay for Skype on ios? If you want to call a real number, you do.
    10-17-2013 02:11 PM
    I don't believe you have to pay for Skype on ios? If you want to call a real number, you do.
    yeah, I didn't think so. I think he was confused. I'll have him play with it some more.
    10-17-2013 02:49 PM
    I've never used either. What's the difference between IM+ free and paid? I don't really see in it the descriptions, unless you need paid for PUSH.

Reliability and feature set is what I really want.
    http://forums.windowscentral.com/win...ee-im-pro.html

- extended skype connection
    - chat history
    - ad-free

Other that that, it seems feature parity.
    Blacklac likes this.
    10-17-2013 02:58 PM
    I wouldn't recommend this normally but Samsung's Chat On is a decent multi platform service.
    Blacklac likes this.
    10-17-2013 05:12 PM
    I wouldn't recommend this normally but Samsung's Chat On is a decent multi platform service.
    that's right. We did try that one a while ago. I'll have to revisit it.
    10-17-2013 07:04 PM
    Wow, Skype started so well. It slowly got worse and worse. Like 5hrs for a message to push through even though I can see I got a notification for it. This was the worst one yet! I cant believe PUSH messaging is so bad on this platform.

I've pretty much tried all the major ones, so I'm just waiting for BBM...
    10-30-2013 12:54 PM
    I am using fb chat daily basis and it works well with WP8 GDR3 .... however, I use sometimes WeChat, Viber and ICQ too - they works well for me ... I recommend you to try WeChat

WeChat | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)
    10-30-2013 01:25 PM