Nokia Pro Camera, Wow!!

Exotic Hadron

May 19, 2013
Visit site
Is it possible to pay extra to Nokia and get the app on my Samsung ATIV S? I've found that Samsung's firmware has multiple compatibility issues so that most of camera apps available in Store won't work. Like notorious ProShot doesn't work (it's nice of them to have added an note on their page several months after I paid for their app only to find it does not work on ATIV S).

I am highly impressed with Nokia's camera app I've used on my wife's Lumia and would love to pay Nokia twice its standard price only to have the app on my Samsung.

I am not sure however, it would be possible even though Nokia could make the app publicly available for other apps just because it doesn't seem Samsung has integrated camera API/driver in their firmware to deliver functionality required by Nokia.

Exotic Hadron

May 19, 2013
Visit site
Did you try proxy trick?

Yes but I'd failed to make my phone route through the proxy. I wasn't happy to proxify connection via that publicly known IP in Hong-Kong and decided that I'd rather ran Fiddler myself. I ran it on my laptop making sure Fiddler is listening on all interfaces (0.0.0.0/0) and accepts remote connections from other PCs but for some reason my phone failed to connect to it.

I'd appreciate your help.

Also, I'd appreciate any explanations on the given trick. As far as I got it, proxy clears out device identifications so that remote part does not know of the device attempting to get the app.

Most importantly, I can't dig how does this trick manage with running apps? I've managed to obtain Nokia's apps via marketplace (just by simply downloading their XAP files) but none succeeded to run by issuing errors on start.

alv3st3r

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site

uncletoma

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
Read the comments (first two):
Q: Ma per samsung ativ s esiste una cosa simile?
A: l'applicazione si riesce a installare con pi? o meno lo stesso metodo ma poi non funziona...
Translation (short version, ned the long one?):
Can i use this trick on Ativ S?
You can install the app but it doesn't work
But, BTW: Come scaricare app degli Store OEM (Nokia, HTC, Samsung, ecc.) su tutti i dispositivi Windows Phone 8 (How to install apps from other OEM Stores, it's in italian, if u need translation send me a PM)

Last edited:

uncletoma

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
Well, if i click on my WiFi network the only option thatt i've is "Delete", no settings :(
The same in Advanced options.
Find it, ppl must delete connection, the connect again, and options, Proxy on, etc.
I'm installing a lot of things, tanks a lot! :eek:rly:

Last edited:

uncletoma

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
I must delete my network and set it again. It doesn't work the fitst time (GDR3 installed)
HINT: ppl must disable proxy when downloading.

PB_H

Banned
Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Yes but I'd failed to make my phone route through the proxy. I wasn't happy to proxify connection via that publicly known IP in Hong-Kong and decided that I'd rather ran Fiddler myself. I ran it on my laptop making sure Fiddler is listening on all interfaces (0.0.0.0/0) and accepts remote connections from other PCs but for some reason my phone failed to connect to it.

I'd appreciate your help.

Also, I'd appreciate any explanations on the given trick. As far as I got it, proxy clears out device identifications so that remote part does not know of the device attempting to get the app.

Most importantly, I can't dig how does this trick manage with running apps? I've managed to obtain Nokia's apps via marketplace (just by simply downloading their XAP files) but none succeeded to run by issuing errors on start.

Pro Cam and many apps will only work in conjunction with the Amber update, you could side load or direct download all kinds of apps
but if those appl only work with AMBER they won't work if you don't have Amber.

I downloaded via Wi-Fi proxy Beats Audio -it's a Samsung systems app, my Lumia 810 doesn't have the firmware to enable it, it now sits in settings just below
audio and above feedback to Nokia looking really impressive but it just sits there I can't enable it. I do have some Samsung apps that do work,
Apps Folder, Mini Diary, Photogram and Video Trimmer they all work but those are not OS specific apps. Pro Cam and Smart Cam are, without Amber they won't work even if you could install them.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo