Navigation or Map Offline App for Japan

Exotic Hadron

May 19, 2013
Visit site
Howdy,

Does anyone know of any good app for Nokia Lumia that delivers navigation or simply maps for Japan. I am going to have a business trip to Tokyo somewhere this year and would really love to have a good map app with me that would give me maps without needed a network connection. Not sure it'd be possible to grab a good SIM with data plan right there in Tokyo and roaming would be extremely costly (based on my experience this would be like 4 grands for a simple attempt to check mail while roaming with my data plan).

Last time I checked Here Drive+ and Here Maps both did NOT have offline maps for Japan.

I'd appreciate your recommendations. This doesn't necessarily should be a free app, I'd afford a paid app as well.

Thanks.

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I think there only a few like here maps that have offline map. It might be worth purchasing a SIM for data connection or take a look at there wireless hotspot, Japan got the best wireless in the world.

gerwp

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
For sim data rental try this
b-mobile VISITOR SIM | b-mobile wireless internet

I used it last month during my trip to Tokyo. Used the 14 days unlimited (300 KBps) plan. Maps and usual stuff (Facetime, Whatsapp) works fine. Have to order in advance if you want to pick it up at the airport.

For Maps, Nokia Here does not support Japan maps (online or offline) which kinda sucks. Use this

Google Maps | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (香港特別行政區)

Can overlay Google Maps instead of Here Maps (supports google street view as well). Haven't tried navigation so not sure how and if it works. Can't do it offline though.

Hope that helps.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05