Install Nokia Camera|Nokia Refocus|Nokia Storyteller on your Lumia 520/620/625/720/820 device!

greedypnguin

May 11, 2013
Visit site
really i am not lie,. I get more iso if use nokia camera,. It's not hardware limitation, it's software limitation,. Like game need 1 gb ram can play in 512 ram,.

Even if it says you have 1600 it will be the same as 800! Why'd you want so much ISO anyway, 100 is the normal setting for any camera

MJThib

Mar 1, 2007
Visit site
The ISO setting is changing the sensitivity to light of the image sensor, which will set the limit on what it can and can not do. Take identical pictures at both ISO 800 & ISO 1600 and there should be a significant difference. ISO 1600 is twice as sensitive to light as ISO 800, so the image should be significantly brighter, for the same amount of light and exposure setting, and the image should also be noticeably more grainy.

Tonchi91

Jul 14, 2013
Visit site

You are still stuborn. Ok and believe it if you want. I will say it just one more time.
Nokia Camera is made for PureView models which have senzor that can take ISO 3200. Since it is made for PureView models only, application will always show you the ISO 3200 because the application does not expect that non PureView models will use it. That's why we have Nokia Camera Beta.

As you can see your photos, both of them have the same brightness which is made by ISO 800. The second picture is blurred, only because your L520 does not have OIS (optical image stabilization). For that, start using tripods.

Tonchi91

Jul 14, 2013
Visit site
Even if it says you have 1600 it will be the same as 800! Why'd you want so much ISO anyway, 100 is the normal setting for any camera

You will use ISO 100 if you are taking pictures in the day light. But if your are taking pictures in the low light conditions, you will use high ISO. ISO is connected with shutter speed which means the higher ISO you use, the longer will shutter speed be and you will get more light in your picture. Try to use ISO 800 in the day light and you will have white picture with high brightness or try to use ISO 100 in the low light conditions and your picture will be complete dark. It all depends on the conditions in which you are taking photos.

JaiMento

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
You will use ISO 100 if you are taking pictures in the day light. But if your are taking pictures in the low light conditions, you will use high ISO. ISO is connected with shutter speed which means the higher ISO you use, the longer will shutter speed be and you will get more light in your picture. Try to use ISO 800 in the day light and you will have white picture with high brightness or try to use ISO 100 in the low light conditions and your picture will be complete dark. It all depends on the conditions in which you are taking photos.

ISO isn't connected to shutter speed. ISO determines how sensitive the sensor is to light. Shutter speed determines the length of time the sensor is exposed to light.

Edit: Aperture determines how much light is passed through to the sensor.

Yes, in a way, they are all connected, but not in the way you are suggesting.

Lower aperture allows more light to pass through, but loses details in the distance. Higher ISO allows more light to be absorbed, but can lead to more noise. Slower shutter speed allows for more time for light to pass through, but captures all motion.

Last edited:

Tonchi91

Jul 14, 2013
Visit site
Nokia Camera application is smart application. If you turn ISO on (move from default), you can notice that if you point your camera to something that is in the day light, application will automatically change the shutter speed. It will automatically show you 4,0s if you point your camera to something that is in the very low light condition and around 1/3s if you are in the day light condition. That I was meant when I said that ISO is connected to shutter speed.

MJThib

Mar 1, 2007
Visit site
This is also the reason the if you want to compare images taken with two different ISO setting you have to force all the other settings to be the same. No Auto, or the Camera app will do it's best to compensate.

JaiMento

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
Nokia Camera application is smart application. If you turn ISO on (move from default), you can notice that if you point your camera to something that is in the day light, application will automatically change the shutter speed. It will automatically show you 4,0s if you point your camera to something that is in the very low light condition and around 1/3s if you are in the day light condition. That I was meant when I said that ISO is connected to shutter speed.

I get what you're saying, but that happens because your shutter speed is set to auto, not because of your ISO setting.

Tonchi91

Jul 14, 2013
Visit site
Hi Friends I just got Nokia Camera officialy In My Lumia 625 Apps From Nokia On 14-1-2014.Its True

You are not the only one. When I went to Nokia Collection in the store, I found that I can install Nokia Camera (not Nokia Camera Beta) on my L820. Can anyone tell me what's the deal since WP Central didn't report anything on this?

uncletoma

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
I tryed to update app folder by Samsung with proxy trick but... for the first time no way :(
MS should fix it with latest GDR3 update?
Ok, the problem still remain, and on XDA forum the topic is closed:
Well, just update HERE+ on my Lumia 720... now is working again using 103.13.29.118 as proxy 8888 as port.
And Samsung AppFolder too.
Ayeppaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! :D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
priya8923