The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
07-11-2014 11:20 PM
130 1234 ...
tools
    For everyone saying "great news," BB Leaks is passing along a rumor dressed up as news. Until confirmed by Blackberry, it is just a rumor. Given Blackberry's track record of delivery, even then I would not hold my breath....
    Made in flanders likes this.
    10-23-2013 09:34 PM
    Good news if true; still, I wouldn't hold my breath. BBRY's can be finicky, and even more so now that it is in transition.

Still, it makes sense on paper.
    10-23-2013 11:10 PM
    That's cool. I'm sure it'll be when the fad dies down but oh well
    10-23-2013 11:46 PM
    I actually like Blackberry. Given the dire straights their company is in you would think they'd only focus on Android and IOS(the 2 biggest OS) and ignore the OS that sort of knocked them out of 3rd place. Instead they are planning to release an app for WP. It's companies like these that do things, even if it is not always in their favor, that make me respect them and I have little respect for companies like GOOGLE(who do have money and a lot of it to develop apps or let talented developers do it for them) or Apple who do stuff like ignore the userbase of Windows Phone.

I am excited to give it a try. I owned a blackberry storm back in 2008 and i have always hated Blackberry since then and while their OS doesn't appeal to me directly with Blackberry 10(it looks better than android and IOS...if i ever decided to test the waters with another OS, I may try BB10) i will be giving BBM a try when it comes.
    WinFan1 and Chief_Adu like this.
    10-24-2013 01:58 AM
    Text, video and voice messaging; With the full BBM installed (non-Blackberry users will get this in time) you can also share your screen while in a video conversation with just a tap and catch up face-to-face. The new Screen Share feature lets you show photos or your browser, or review a business document. You can even share the view from your camera; voice calls with full 'clear voice' feature; send and receive messages in seconds with up to 2000 characters, and know when your messages are delivered and read; the most secure message platform; with BBM connected apps, you can chat with BBM friends within your apps and select BBM contacts right from the app to invite them to join.

And on and on. Its a good thing
    I thought the advanced features were being kept with BlackBerry. What is the source of this quote that says they will eventually be granted to non-BlackBerry customers??
    10-24-2013 02:29 AM
    If BBM does come out for WP8, I might really consider buying a windows phone device as my next phone.
    10-24-2013 03:08 AM
    BBM for Windows Phone?

YEAAAAHHHAHHH!
    Roach26 likes this.
    10-24-2013 04:31 AM
    For everyone saying "great news," BB Leaks is passing along a rumor dressed up as news. Until confirmed by Blackberry, it is just a rumor. Given Blackberry's track record of delivery, even then I would not hold my breath....
    Its already been confirmed by BlackBerry on their Facebook page that it is coming to Windows Phone
    10-24-2013 05:24 AM
    Where did you see this, 'official confirmation'?
    10-24-2013 06:10 AM
    Where did you see this, 'official confirmation'?
    on the blackberry facebook page
    10-24-2013 07:40 AM
    that facebook page is not official
    10-24-2013 08:34 AM
    that facebook page is not official
    https://www.facebook.com/BlackBerryNA

That is the VERIFIED BlackBerry Facebook page. There is no mention of Windows Phone 8 BBM Coming. Although I would be suprised if BlackBerry wasn't working on a version for it. They are now transitioning to a services company from what I can tell, and having a powerful corporate messaging platform may well work for them across all platforms, especially if they keep one or two hooks in place on the BBM version for their BB10 os.
    10-24-2013 08:44 AM
    ^^ Except that our userbase is not really that critical. Especially not if they can get a substantial userbase from iOS and Android. Ever since their release on those two platforms my FB news feed has been littered with BBM pins. I don't think there's a lot of incentive for them to release a WP8 app, at least not in the near future. It might even be more advantageous for them to not release a WP BBM app. Which makes me nervous about the entire thing. I don't want another hurdle coming up for us, especially not so soon after we have just managed to get Instagram.

(On the flip side, my friends on iOS have commented that there's really no need for the BBM app anymore. There are just too many options for that sort of thing right now. They still went ahead and signed up though. )
    Last edited by KnightOfAnfala; 10-24-2013 at 10:28 AM.
    10-24-2013 08:51 AM
    I wish I could get excited about this.

99 percent of my networking friends and colleagues have jumped from BBerry to something else. I still have my Berry as a business tool, but use my WindowsPhone more and more.

Only ONE colleague remained loyal to BlackBerry and even though he did not have a texting plan, he resisted using BlackBerry Messenger. I'd tell him how easy it was, show him, BBM him from time to time, and he usually did not respond, saying "It's just not for me." And this was a BlackBerry user that really could have used it.

I'm not certain iOS and Droid users will embrace it. Maybe? Perhaps some that truly miss BBM having given up their Berries may play with it for a while, but with "WhatsApp" and other forms of IM, I'm just not sure it will be a bell-ringer. I guess time will tell.
    10-24-2013 09:52 AM
    this would be awesome! with all the hype surrounding it's release on android and iOS, it would be a welcome addition!!
    10-24-2013 09:57 AM
    I saw it on this page, thought it was an official page, is it, or is it not?

https://www.facebook.com/BBMFORALL

I still think they are developing it for Windows Phone otherwise why would it be called "for all" ?
    10-24-2013 10:18 AM
    never used it, but seems like an app to have these days. So yes, sooner the better!

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk HD
    10-24-2013 12:18 PM
    ^^ Except that our userbase is not really that critical. Especially not if they can get a substantial userbase from iOS and Android. Ever since their release on those two platforms my FB news feed has been littered with BBM pins. I don't think there's a lot of incentive for them to release a WP8 app, at least not in the near future. It might even be more advantageous for them to not release a WP BBM app. Which makes me nervous about the entire thing. I don't want another hurdle coming up for us, especially not so soon after we have just managed to get Instagram

(On the flip side, my friends on iOS have commented that there's really no need for the BBM app anymore. There are just too many options for that sort of thing right now. They still went ahead and signed up though. )
    One thing all should factor in here is that BBM still has a huge following outside the US market. This alone may be the impetus for BB to cover all major platforms (WP8 included). Also , I think that BB, even with all their marketing problems, in some ways sympathizes with WP to a degree because of the same apps limitations in a non-IOS / non- Android ecosystem struggle.....
    Last edited by Ek-Balam; 10-24-2013 at 01:44 PM. Reason: format issue
    10-24-2013 01:41 PM
    Omg, i gave up hope. I cannot wait for this. Every IM App on this platform has been unreliable. I need BBM.
    I kinda think it's the OS that is making them unreliable... Notifications are just not perfect on WP8 yet. Hoping 8.1 gives it a big time overhall.
    10-24-2013 02:13 PM
    WhatsApp does all of that (and more), and it is already available for WP7&8, Apple, and Android. I don't even know anyone that still rocks a BB.
    10-24-2013 06:23 PM
    Although I don't use BBM this would be a good addition to the app catalog.
    Precisely my thoughts lol, I know one or two who use it but everyone I know use whatsapp.
    10-24-2013 06:45 PM
    so is bbm one of those bandwagon things or is it actually useful for somthign?
    10-24-2013 07:23 PM
    The moment it's available, I'll be all over it. That was bar none the best thing about my old pearl.
    10-24-2013 08:49 PM
    Awesome. one feature I miss about BB (compressed data through noc is another but they killed that even for BB10). explaining BBM to someone who never used it is really difficult for sure.

ok so it's being worked on BUT how long? had waiting insanely long for features and app and it's growing tiresome (still love WP though)

edit: missed the post saying 2 months woooo!

and LOL at anyone boasting whatsapp
    Rem97 likes this.
    10-25-2013 12:14 AM
    Make it soon available for Windows phone 8 it should be in race with android and ios
    10-25-2013 12:57 AM
130 1234 ...