BBM for Windows Phone 8 Coming Soon (Report)

david90531

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
never used it, but seems like an app to have these days. So yes, sooner the better!

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk HD

Ek-Balam

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site
^^ Except that our userbase is not really that critical. Especially not if they can get a substantial userbase from iOS and Android. Ever since their release on those two platforms my FB news feed has been littered with BBM pins. I don't think there's a lot of incentive for them to release a WP8 app, at least not in the near future. It might even be more advantageous for them to not release a WP BBM app. Which makes me nervous about the entire thing. I don't want another hurdle coming up for us, especially not so soon after we have just managed to get Instagram

(On the flip side, my friends on iOS have commented that there's really no need for the BBM app anymore. There are just too many options for that sort of thing right now. They still went ahead and signed up though. )

One thing all should factor in here is that BBM still has a huge following outside the US market. This alone may be the impetus for BB to cover all major platforms (WP8 included). Also , I think that BB, even with all their marketing problems, in some ways sympathizes with WP to a degree because of the same apps limitations in a non-IOS / non- Android ecosystem struggle.....

Last edited:

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Omg, i gave up hope. I cannot wait for this. Every IM App on this platform has been unreliable. I need BBM.

I kinda think it's the OS that is making them unreliable... Notifications are just not perfect on WP8 yet. Hoping 8.1 gives it a big time overhall.

RSB54

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
WhatsApp does all of that (and more), and it is already available for WP7&8, Apple, and Android. I don't even know anyone that still rocks a BB.

Villain

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
Awesome. one feature I miss about BB (compressed data through noc is another but they killed that even for BB10). explaining BBM to someone who never used it is really difficult for sure.

ok so it's being worked on BUT how long? had waiting insanely long for features and app and it's growing tiresome (still love WP though)

edit: missed the post saying 2 months woooo!

and LOL at anyone boasting whatsapp

ratsttam

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
I saw it on this page, thought it was an official page, is it, or is it not?

https://www.facebook.com/BBMFORALL

I still think they are developing it for Windows Phone otherwise why would it be called "for all" ?

If you look at the https://www.facebook.com/BlackBerryNA Blackberry page, you'll see a blue circle with a white checkmark. That is the "verified" page, which means that it's gone through the process to ensure it's a company owned page, and not a "fan" page. The BBMFORALL could have been made by anyone/anywhere, and has no official ties to Blackberry at all, and therefore cannot "trusted" as a source of information.

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
I do not wish to divert the topic, but I have like 5 users on my whatsapp who have changed their status to their PIN number.
Its like the government distributing free birth control tools.

hoovermac

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
I was a long time BB user - recently jumped to Windows phone. BBM was superb - yeah they had a few well-publicized glitches/outages but IMHO was and still is the best messaging platform out there. There obviously are a lot of like-minded out there - the number of downloads and the waiting list on PINS is insane! I am very much looking forward to the day when I can download it on my 920!

Villain

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
This ^ is so true, there was just something about it that made great to use.
yeah it's almost impossible really AND I worked for RIM lol

I was one of those people saying "meh whats so special"

buttttt with that being said I think MS has a big potential of making skype a huge competitor.... if they focus more on it and market it better. may be in the works as well.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6