BBM for Windows Phone 8 Coming Soon (Report)

anon(7808135)

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
I noticed other people are really liking it on Android and IOS. I think you guys will like BBM on Windows. Its very fast and you send, receive messages within seconds. Its also very secure and the pin messaging is untraceable. They are bringing the other features to it in a few months. Screen share, Screen chatting, chat with up to 30 friends at once in a big group, etc. Its great for getting stuff done quick. Oh, my name, don't worry about it, i'm big on Windows also. :)

stephen_az

Banned
Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
For everyone saying "great news," BB Leaks is passing along a rumor dressed up as news. Until confirmed by Blackberry, it is just a rumor. Given Blackberry's track record of delivery, even then I would not hold my breath....

Tre Lawrence

May 27, 2013
Visit site
Good news if true; still, I wouldn't hold my breath. BBRY's can be finicky, and even more so now that it is in transition.

Still, it makes sense on paper.

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I actually like Blackberry. Given the dire straights their company is in you would think they'd only focus on Android and IOS(the 2 biggest OS) and ignore the OS that sort of knocked them out of 3rd place. Instead they are planning to release an app for WP. It's companies like these that do things, even if it is not always in their favor, that make me respect them and I have little respect for companies like GOOGLE(who do have money and a lot of it to develop apps or let talented developers do it for them) or Apple who do stuff like ignore the userbase of Windows Phone.

I am excited to give it a try. I owned a blackberry storm back in 2008 and i have always hated Blackberry since then and while their OS doesn't appeal to me directly with Blackberry 10(it looks better than android and IOS...if i ever decided to test the waters with another OS, I may try BB10) i will be giving BBM a try when it comes.

dalydose

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
Text, video and voice messaging; With the full BBM installed (non-Blackberry users will get this in time) you can also share your screen while in a video conversation with just a tap and catch up face-to-face. The new Screen Share feature lets you show photos or your browser, or review a business document. You can even share the view from your camera; voice calls with full 'clear voice' feature; send and receive messages in seconds with up to 2000 characters, and know when your messages are delivered and read; the most secure message platform; with BBM connected apps, you can chat with BBM friends within your apps and select BBM contacts right from the app to invite them to join.

And on and on. Its a good thing :eek:rly:

I thought the advanced features were being kept with BlackBerry. What is the source of this quote that says they will eventually be granted to non-BlackBerry customers??

afgzee

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
For everyone saying "great news," BB Leaks is passing along a rumor dressed up as news. Until confirmed by Blackberry, it is just a rumor. Given Blackberry's track record of delivery, even then I would not hold my breath....

Its already been confirmed by BlackBerry on their Facebook page that it is coming to Windows Phone

ratsttam

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
that facebook page is not official
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBerryNA

That is the VERIFIED BlackBerry Facebook page. There is no mention of Windows Phone 8 BBM Coming. Although I would be suprised if BlackBerry wasn't working on a version for it. They are now transitioning to a services company from what I can tell, and having a powerful corporate messaging platform may well work for them across all platforms, especially if they keep one or two hooks in place on the BBM version for their BB10 os.

KnightOfAnfala

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
^^ Except that our userbase is not really that critical. Especially not if they can get a substantial userbase from iOS and Android. Ever since their release on those two platforms my FB news feed has been littered with BBM pins. I don't think there's a lot of incentive for them to release a WP8 app, at least not in the near future. It might even be more advantageous for them to not release a WP BBM app. Which makes me nervous about the entire thing. I don't want another hurdle coming up for us, especially not so soon after we have just managed to get Instagram.

(On the flip side, my friends on iOS have commented that there's really no need for the BBM app anymore. There are just too many options for that sort of thing right now. They still went ahead and signed up though. )

Last edited:

BBerryPowerUser

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I wish I could get excited about this.

99 percent of my networking friends and colleagues have jumped from BBerry to something else. I still have my Berry as a business tool, but use my WindowsPhone more and more.

Only ONE colleague remained loyal to BlackBerry and even though he did not have a texting plan, he resisted using BlackBerry Messenger. I'd tell him how easy it was, show him, BBM him from time to time, and he usually did not respond, saying "It's just not for me." And this was a BlackBerry user that really could have used it.

I'm not certain iOS and Droid users will embrace it. Maybe? Perhaps some that truly miss BBM having given up their Berries may play with it for a while, but with "WhatsApp" and other forms of IM, I'm just not sure it will be a bell-ringer. I guess time will tell.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss