BBM for Windows Phone 8 Coming Soon (Report)

ohgood

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
If you look at the https://www.facebook.com/BlackBerryNA Blackberry page, you'll see a blue circle with a white checkmark. That is the "verified" page, which means that it's gone through the process to ensure it's a company owned page, and not a "fan" page. The BBMFORALL could have been made by anyone/anywhere, and has no official ties to Blackberry at all, and therefore cannot "trusted" as a source of information.

Today, just like instagram, it's still vapor ware.

For all the folks clamoring for BBM on their non bb devices, it had some issues, like drawing 2-5% battery pet hour, slow message responses, and odd re sending of messages at later dates.

Stick with what works for your platform if there is one, for now. There are a lot of bugs to squash.

MDak280

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
This is great news if it's true! All of my friends are giving out their BBM PINs. I was surprised that it actually is quite popular.

I hope the leaks are true, but I have doubts. BB isn't in a great position right now, so I wonder why they would use their time and resources developing for a small platform like WP.

david90531

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
This is great news if it's true! All of my friends are giving out their BBM PINs. I was surprised that it actually is quite popular.

I hope the leaks are true, but I have doubts. BB isn't in a great position right now, so I wonder why they would use their time and resources developing for a small platform like WP.
It's definitely super popular! As you said people are posting their ID or QR code on fb and instagram like crazy!

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
I gave it a try using my Xperia V, and it doesn't offer anything in terms of messaging other than draining my battery faster than ever. Most of my friends who has BBM still use Facebook messaging.

Sent from my Windows Phone 8S by HTC using Tapatalk

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Posting their code is different from actually using the service. I even told then what's the use of you publishing your pin when you're not even online!

ohgood

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
I gave it a try using my Xperia V, and it doesn't offer anything in terms of messaging other than draining my battery faster than ever. Most of my friends who has BBM still use Facebook messaging.

Yep.

I haven't found a feature that's better than the stock android SMS/MMS client yet.

Well, besides draining the battery

BBerryPowerUser

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Even when all my friends and business associates had BlackBerries, none of them (well maybe one or two) used BBM. Most did not even know it was there. They always texted.
Now none of my friends, and only one business associate has a Berry, and he never uses BBM even though he needs it, not having a text package.

Maybe with BBM as an "App" it will catch on. I just don't see it as a big deal to anyone. Am I wrong?

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Instead of BBM for WP8 Microsoft needs to move quickly and make things like integrated messaging and rooms - cross platform using Skype services! - They are ruining the whole Skype experience in this transition. If people had a built in Skype experience which can reliably and consistently connect to anyone else on other platforms using Skype, MSN Messenger, Facebook Chat and Google Chat - I think it would pretty much nail it!

dalydose

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
Instead of BBM for WP8 Microsoft needs to move quickly and make things like integrated messaging and rooms - cross platform using Skype services! - They are ruining the whole Skype experience in this transition. If people had a built in Skype experience which can reliably and consistently connect to anyone else on other platforms using Skype, MSN Messenger, Facebook Chat and Google Chat - I think it would pretty much nail it!

instead of? Microsoft won't be building the BBM app, Blackberry will.

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
Stick with what works for your platform if there is one, for now. There are a lot of bugs to squash.

Well, thats the issue... lol

I have yet to find a reliable cross platform IM App.

WhatsApp, kik, Skype, ChatON, etc... All have annoying issues with messaging and delays. Freaking kik and its repeating old Toast Notifications constantly. Man. I'm dieing for BBM here...

Aniruddh Sharma

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
Any update on this?
When the same was being released on iOS and Android, the news was out long back and I believe there was a beta as well.
Can't anyone find out for sure? I would love to sign up for beta testing!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99