BBM for Windows Phone 8 Coming Soon (Report)

androidtoWM

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
can someone tell me the advantages of BBM over other instant messaging services (like whatsapp) ? i've never used BBM so i don't know. is it just the security/encryption ?

ShreyansShah

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
can someone tell me the advantages of BBM over other instant messaging services (like whatsapp) ? i've never used BBM so i don't know. is it just the security/encryption ?
i also never understood why people are so eager? i remember when they launched BBM for android, my whatsapp groups were flooded with BBM codes. its so stupid, to exchange BBM codes over whatsapp group.
some people even shared on facebook walls and twitter posts also. where is the security?

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
The security is the network, what RIM/BB is known for.

One advantage is BBM uses a PIN, not email or your phone #. Keeps some privacy, similar to Kik.

If your unfamiliar with BBM, a Youtube search will show you all you need to know.

I am hoping the message delivery is more reliable than WhatsApp. Many people on all platforms have issues with this on WhatsApp.

BBM used to have a music aspect, but I think they abandoned it. It has Wifi voice and video calling, which is supposedly very clear (Only on BlackBerry platform, for now.). There is BBM Channels. I also like that BBM shows "S" sent, "D" delivered, "R" read vs WhatsApp check marks for sent and delivered. Pretty sure BBM has GIF support. It also have screen sharing via video chat. You can choose to send higher quality pictures on BBM, if desired.

Last edited:

ShreyansShah

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
BlackBerry: 'No plans to bring BBM to Windows Phone' according to this article on Digitalspy.
BlackBerry: 'No plans to bring BBM to Windows Phone' - Tech News - Digital Spy

yes sir, its bad news for all those who were waiting for it. Further, i think they will close down BBM for blackberry handsets also. Bcoz they said, lack of BBM in WP is due to low market share. Thus, being lower market for BB than WP, BBM might be going down in their own handsets too. Anyways its ironic that for BBM, BB handsets have to pay charges for BB services, while its free on Android n iOS.
Can u imagine MS charging for MS office mobile on WP and giving it free on Android?

Rem97

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
I believe on pre BB10 devices you have to pay your carrier to activate it, or it's included in your tariff. Well at least that's how it was here in the UK when I had a BB Bold, not sure if things have changed since.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss