grazza86

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
any good word on this? i have been reading twitter and i do agree that snapchat is a missing app that WP needs to have (and BBM too)

im currently a big user of WP and i am glad that instagram and vine are coming to the platform :)

Jeremy Lebens

Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Wondering the same. I know Rudy mentioned on Twitter that things were going much easier than he had anticipated. Hopefully he starts beta-testing soon. Would love to help out. Absolutely addicted to Snapchat! I carry around an old Droid phone just to Snapchat. I connect to my internet sharing on my 928 and everything. CANT GET ENOUGH OF SNAPCHAT.

icstars989

Aug 13, 2011
Visit site
Wondering the same. I know Rudy mentioned on Twitter that things were going much easier than he had anticipated. Hopefully he starts beta-testing soon. Would love to help out. Absolutely addicted to Snapchat! I carry around an old Droid phone just to Snapchat. I connect to my internet sharing on my 928 and everything. CANT GET ENOUGH OF SNAPCHAT.
I have an old GNex sitting around that I tried to use Snapchat with. How the .... do you use it? I can't find anyone to chat wit. Do you have to know people first, like a username or something?

Jeremy Lebens

Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
I have an old GNex sitting around that I tried to use Snapchat with. How the .... do you use it? I can't find anyone to chat wit. Do you have to know people first, like a username or something?
Yeah, you can either know someone's user name or use the contacts list in your phone to find people on Snapchat.

Jeremy Lebens

Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
I know it's not 6snap, which I'm really looking forward to, but I'm currently beta-testing Snapback and I must say that it's already almost a million times better than Swapchat, which I really liked. Still needs a bit of fine-tuning and moving around, but it's quick, looks clean and stylish and has a good amount of features.

12Danny123

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
I know it's not 6snap, which I'm really looking forward to, but I'm currently beta-testing Snapback and I must say that it's already almost a million times better than Swapchat, which I really liked. Still needs a bit of fine-tuning and moving around, but it's quick, looks clean and stylish and has a good amount of features.

I hate you :) jks. Agghh you lucky

CalumSK

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
I'm hoping an official Snapchat app will come soon if the Snapchat waiting on GRD3 rumor is true
But Rudy always delivers so this'll be the best alternative, though im curious to see what Snapback brings aswell

vc-10

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
To be honest I wouldn't be surprised if 6snap were better than the official one anyway... 6tag is better than the 'real' Instagram app on Android and iOS!

Jeremy Lebens

Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Snapback isn't close to Swapchat, yet. Check out DennisCode on twitter and you can sign up for his beta. Fill in your mail adress here, and he will maybe add you guys in the beta.
I'd say it's definitely close, if not better. Taking photos is much faster and the friends list actually allows for using your contacts versus typing names in manually. Plus, video support. No toasts or live tile sucks, but this is the first version of the beta. Also hoping the received/sent screen gets combined.

Jeremy Lebens

Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Rudy mentioned on Twitter that filters from 6tag will carry over into 6snap. That alone makes his app something to keep a close eye on. Regardless, I love the idea of two third-party Snapchats coming down the line rather quickly, since an official is up in the air at this point.

PLenjoy

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
Maybe close, but far from better.
  • All of my snaps are stretched.
  • Front camera videos are rotated
  • received/sent should be combined
  • "sent/opened 3 minutes ago" instead of "xx/xx/2013 x:xx:xx PM/AM"
  • Friend list should be in one. With fav, recents and the rest of them
This is just some of what i miss. But i totally agree that this app may be better after short time.

Jeremy Lebens

Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Maybe close, but far from better.
  • All of my snaps are stretched.
  • Front camera videos are rotated
  • received/sent should be combined
  • "sent/opened 3 minutes ago" instead of "xx/xx/2013 x:xx:xx PM/AM"
  • Friend list should be in one. With fav, recents and the rest of them
This is just some of what i miss. But i totally agree that this app may be better after short time.
Just noticed the stretching on my front-face camera. Also, I agree with those last 3 bullets. Make sure to tweet at the dev, so he can add those to his to-do list for the next release of the beta.

PLenjoy

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
Send a video from the front camera to yourself. The video snap is zoomed in also. Yeah, tweeting him every time I find something i don't like.
Version 1.1 up to download now.

Jeremy Lebens

Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Send a video from the front camera to yourself. The video snap is zoomed in also. Yeah, tweeting him every time I find something i don't like.
Version 1.1 up to download now.
Is it working for you? I downloaded 1.1 and then was having syncing problems getting new snaps, so I logged out and now whenever I try clicking on the app to open it, it force closes. Can't seem to get it to work anymore.

david90531

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
Didn't know about this! Is it too late to join beta?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb