Jeremy Lebens

Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
We should just change this thread to "The Official Third Party Snapchat Discussion Thread" or something lol. Haven't heard much about 6snap these days, yet Snapback keeps on rolling out updates. In-app notifications have been added, to let you know how many snaps you have. Plus the ability to clear snaps.

Tafsern

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I know it's not 6snap, which I'm really looking forward to, but I'm currently beta-testing Snapback and I must say that it's already almost a million times better than Swapchat, which I really liked. Still needs a bit of fine-tuning and moving around, but it's quick, looks clean and stylish and has a good amount of features.

It's not really. I had to delete it, so incredibly much bugs and the look of the app is not awesome at all.

Jeremy Lebens

Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
It's not really. I had to delete it, so incredibly much bugs and the look of the app is not awesome at all.

You do realize that it's a beta app right? Meaning that he's literally building it as he goes. There's already been 10 fairly big updates, which have changed it a lot since the first release.

david90531

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
Snapback now has drawing and auto-correct for the font line. Now all we need is live tile and toast notifications! Oh and Snapchat Story.
Yup i think at this point the app is already as good as or even better than swapchat. Just need notifications and live tile now. I don't understand though, if this app and 6snap can be made, why did swapchat have to back out?

Jeremy Lebens

Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Yup i think at this point the app is already as good as or even better than swapchat. Just need notifications and live tile now. I don't understand though, if this app and 6snap can be made, why did swapchat have to back out?
I believe because they offered a paid version. Snapchat couldn't make any money off of Swapchat, so they canned 'em. Still doesn't make any sense as to why the free version of Swapchat got taken down too, though.

That has to be it, otherwise why would they allow the Unofficial Snapchat app to stay on the marketplace?

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
I believe because they offered a paid version. Snapchat couldn't make any money off of Swapchat, so they canned 'em. Still doesn't make any sense as to why the free version of Swapchat got taken down too, though.

That has to be it, otherwise why would they allow the Unofficial Snapchat app to stay on the marketplace?

Cause unofficial snapchat works about as well as that one guy's Walmart app he keeps trying to sell for $50 on here...

david90531

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
Cause unofficial snapchat works about as well as that one guy's Walmart app he keeps trying to sell for $50 on here...

That app seriously is a mystery... and it keeps getting updated too, and still manage to be the suckiest app I've seen.
Glad with Snapback ATM

lantern20

Nov 20, 2008
Visit site
I think the dev said he won't be sending out emails on his twitter. You just need to check to see if you can download it. http:\\bitly.com\SnapbackBeta i think to download.

david90531

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
For snapback i just tweeted him and then a day later i could download it already. Loving it, and it keeps getting better! Still look forward to 6snao though

Eric OConnor

Nov 14, 2013
Visit site
For snapback i just tweeted him and then a day later i could download it already. Loving it, and it keeps getting better! Still look forward to 6snao though

yeah, I tweeted him as well. Still nothing. Lol. Tried this morning too. I work for Tmobile retail, so being able to have the app would boost windows so high. But thank you for the 411.

iyae

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
Snapback now has drawing and auto-correct for the font line. Now all we need is live tile and toast notifications! Oh and Snapchat Story.

And a flash toggle on the camera screen. And tap to focus. And your friend ratings...and ability to set your Name and add your mobile number so your friends can find you...and a feature that searches your phonebook for contacts and actually works...and ability to see your friends best friends.... its missing a lot. But its good for now.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12