Weigh In: What big apps does Windows Phone 'need' next?

Status
Not open for further replies.

twelvetudors

May 13, 2013
Visit site
Every day, more and more official apps are showing up in the Windows Phone store, and that's fantastic. Apps we've been waiting years for are finally starting to show up, and when it rains it pours.

So, since we've gotten apps like Pandora, Instagram, Vine, Temple Run 2, Flipboard, Path, 500pix and now DI FM, what other big name apps (or not so big) do you think Windows Phone still needs to continue to grow marketshare, or that you personally would like to see on WP?

For me I would like a good metronome app like some of the ones found on iOS. The apps in the store don't come anywhere close and I'm fairly envious of my old music teachers that had iPhones simply because of good, niche apps like that. Also, snapchat would be a great way to bridge the ever shrinking app gap between platforms.

So, chime in, what apps should get the WP treatment?

EZJ

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
The only two big apps that Windows Phone really misses in my opinion are Dropbox and YouTube. The issues with YouTube are clear to everyone, so I won't be expecting that anytime soon. But the lack of Dropbox is really something that I miss.

Next to the big apps, it's mostly some smaller national/local apps from my country that I miss.

twelvetudors

May 13, 2013
Visit site
for dropbox just use skydrive and for youtube go to YoutubeHD !
This isn't a thread about how to replace the apps you want, it's a thread about the apps you want. People aren't going to say "Oh, there's no dropbox or youtube? That's okay, I'll figure it out." When they're looking for a phone.

Donut Y

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
Snapchat.

To be terribly honest, I switched back to my iPhone 5 after a week of using a Lumia 928 just because of the lack of Snapchat. I thought I could live without it and wait for it to arrive on WP8, but it's simply too addicting and too fun to give up.

Once Snapchat arrives on WP8, I will definitely come back.

And I know that Rudy Huyn is developing a client for it to release within a few weeks, but as we saw with Swapchat, Snapchat doesn't like third parties using their API, so I'm guessing that 6snap will be taken down quickly when it launches. I want an official app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes