Hey guys

I'm sick of the stock Facebook chat/messenger app. It's slow, buggy and unattractive. More importantly, in order for it to work properly I have to be 'online' the whole time, which is a big no-no for me.
    Other than that, if I do chat through the Facebook app (which I hate doing) I'll get notifications of 'new' messages I read over an hour ago. Really annoying.

FB chat works so well on android and iOS and this is really bugging me.

What I want is really simple:
    Messenger app (so not only chat messages) that allows me to receive messages in (more or less) real time (with notifications) without me being online on the FB chat all the time (I'm okay with the mobile phone icon).

Any help?
    Chief_Adu likes this.
    11-01-2013 06:05 AM
    You are totally misinformed. The current in built facebook chat allows you to send and received messages even when you are offline. You don't "have to be online".

Try IM+ or IM+ Pro or Messenger HD - none of them are official but they work for those who don't like integrated version.
    11-01-2013 08:13 AM
    You are totally misinformed. The current in built facebook chat allows you to send and received messages even when you are offline. You don't "have to be online".

Try IM+ or IM+ Pro or Messenger HD - none of them are official but they work for those who don't like integrated version.
    That's weird. I can't see any contacts when my status is set to offline - it'll tell me to log in (regular text messages app - swiping to the right). When it's set to invisible it won't work either (no online contacts)

I have Messenger HD, but tbh it's the same thing as going into the facebook app for me, I won't receive any notifications anyway (or they're way too late).
    11-01-2013 09:51 AM
    ICQ or IM+
    11-01-2013 12:33 PM
    IM+ is working great with instant notifications. Give it a try!
    11-01-2013 05:29 PM
    IM+ is working great with instant notifications. Give it a try!
    Seems to be okay for chatting. However, someone told me today I'm still online on facebook all the time (with the green dot icon) (with IM+).
    11-08-2013 02:33 PM