TripAdvisor: or updated or removed from market

uncletoma

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
This is TripAdvisor for Android (works with 2.2 version or newest):
TAAndroid.jpg
This one is the WP8 (only WP8!!!) version:
TAWP.jpg
The WP8 (there are 2 versions, and he second one is developed by Nokia, but are the same app) TripAdvisor app is old, unfinished, incomplete (there aren't B&B, hosterls, bakeries, groceries, and so on. The list should be very, very long), last user opinions are too olt to be useful.
This is a official request to TripAdvisor LLC, Nokia and Microsoft:
or this app will be updated as well and frequently as Android or iOS version or is better to remove it from market.
It's not the only one, but it's the (in)famous one.
(post scriptum.: TripAdvisor site is crap with IE, Maxthon or other WP browsers)

PB_H

Banned
Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Bakeries and grocery stores ?
I've never used TripAdvisor to look for bakeries or grocery stores, hostels or so on...
I don't use Expedia, Hotels.com for those searches either
they aren't a City Lens type app and they don't list hostels either.
There are a lot better sites for hostels and B&B than TA, Hotels.com or Expedia.

I think it's a fine app when I'm looking for restaurant and hotel reviews and local attractions.
Good luck.
BTW I just entered Bakery in the search bar and I got this local bakery ( not a restaurant) in Louisville

wp_ss_bakery.jpg
AND a Bakery-Caf?-Hostel all-in-one !
not only that I just found my future wife too !

Attachments

• Hostel.jpg
    Hostel.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

uncletoma

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
Off course i look at for my country, and for places that i know, not for all over the world :)
Example: find this B&B in Rome
Hint: there's on Android version, and this one it's own TripAdvisor site page.
EDIT:
ok, now there are bakeries and groceries and other things on restaurant, but hotels list is still uncomplete, without b&b and hostels.
And look at log-in page, is completely crap!
(how to do in app photoes with WP8? Such yours, i really don't know)

Last edited:

PB_H

Banned
Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
That is a screen shot, hold OFF button and Windows icon at the same time, you'll have to try it several times to find out how much pressure to apply
but when it's correct you'll get a camera shutter sound and it will end up creating its own folder, once you get the feel and get a screen shot
open up photos and then albums and there will be an album called Screenshots

No Travel app lists every hotel B&B anyway, they only list known and well known ones and even at that,
they aren't a search engine like Google they can only list so many.
In Trip Advisor it doesn't give the option search WEB or this site, it defaults to "this site" /TA
Hotels.com/Expedia is the largest online travel site and they don't list every damn hotel or B&B -c'mon now :wink:

uncletoma

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
That is a screen shot, hold OFF button and Windows icon at the same time, you'll have to try it several times to find out how much pressure to apply
but when it's correct you'll get a camera shutter sound and it will end up creating its own folder, once you get the feel and get a screen shot
open up photos and then albums and there will be an album called Screenshots
Thanks a lot, on Androis it's easier :cry:

No Travel app lists every hotel B&B anyway, they only list known and well known ones and even at that,
they aren't a search engine like Google they can only list so many.
In Trip Advisor it doesn't give the option search WEB or this site, it defaults to "this site" /TA
Hotels.com/Expedia is the largest online travel site and they don't list every damn hotel or B&B -c'mon now :wink:
I well know that travel apps do't have all hotels, b&b, hostels and so on.
But i linked a B&B with a lot of reviews (one is mine :grin:) and that you can find easly on Android version.
And it's not the only one example that i can do, only the in my mind one :wink:
I'm not asking an app with all damned hostel or b&b or other kind of accomodation, really not.
I'm asking a WP8 version update such as Android/iOS one, with all the things (accomodation, restaurants, and so on) that you can find on other mobile versions.
And with a better login page.
login.png
I'm really asking for impossible or reasonable things?

PB_H

Banned
Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
I see it's because you have a vested interest in it, but an update always helps.

I travel a lot and I never use just one travel site, I often use Kayak which culls 5+ sites together where I can compare all at once.

Buy an Android -it's not hard to get a screenshot once you know how unless you only have one hand. :wink:

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
it does kinda suck that we haven't had an update from TripAdvisor in almost a year. I started using them more once they gave us that proper update that let us do reviews.

uncletoma

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
it does kinda suck that we haven't had an update from TripAdvisor in almost a year. I started using them more once they gave us that proper update that let us do reviews.
Agree :)
Well, downloaded Kayak and it's better, for accomodations, then TripAdvisor for WP8.
I don't know about flying, afterall i prefear to use my dirty bike :)
ps.: i've and Android phone too (Huawei Ascend Y300), otherwise how i can compare two versions? Dreaming the Google OS one? :angry:
And, btw, my preferred travelling app on Play market is Triposo, and i hope that they can do a WP8 version ASAP, it's simply awesome.

uncletoma

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
agoda.com has nice app
Probably youi are right, but i'm not looking for a booking app (there are tons of them) but a customer review one for accomodations (hotels, hostels, b&b, etc), restaurand and kinda like and POI around.
In a simply word: TripAdvisor on Android (and, maybe, iOS, but i never had a damned Apple smartphone).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb