Is there an app to quickly access the camera from the lock screen?

ThisIsSlender

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
I was wondering if there is an app to quickly access the camera from the lock screen, such as swiping to the right? Much like it is on an iPhone?

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Not sure about all windows phones but if you use the standard camera on Nokia phones you can simply hold down the camera button until phone vibrates and the phone will awake in camera mode. It does this even if you have a PIN.

R0dz

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
You can hold the camera button and it'll launch even if the phone is locked, granted it takes a little longer to avoid accidental launch.

ThisIsSlender

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
That works, but I still have to put in the password, is there no way to launch a temporary camera, with only access to the newly taken photos, like in ios?

MDak280

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
That works, but I still have to put in the password, is there no way to launch a temporary camera, with only access to the newly taken photos, like in ios?

I do not think that there's a way to get around the password. If you have one, you have to enter it to do anything on the phone (someone please correct me if I'm wrong).

That's one reason I don't use a password haha. Pressing and holding the camera button is the quickest way to get to the camera straight from the lockscreen. Maybe MS will make it more convenient soon.

jjag520

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
Press and hold the camera button and it should work. Though it would only work if you're using the default WP camera (it wouldn't work if you have other camera apps [like Nokia pro/smart cam] set as your default cam.)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo