Sometimes apps are quite complicated and the devs don't give good directions on how to use them. How does everyone here learn new apps? Just using them?

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 810 Windows Phone 8
    pmhgeneral likes this.
    11-17-2013 03:03 PM
    Is there a certain app you need help with. Most apps have a about page sometimes located in the settings menus that may give you direction on how to use.
    11-17-2013 03:06 PM
    Just using them, but you got me curious... Can you give an example on what app you found hard time learning?
    11-17-2013 03:07 PM
    Yes, I am a dev and I am interested in seeing the apps you mention. It might help me to make my stuff better
    11-17-2013 03:24 PM
    Moved to Windows Phone Apps forum.
    11-17-2013 11:10 PM
    Some are just in general. I like to try new apps but if they're too complicated, even if they have help pages, I give up. The new read it app, I didn't know anything about what the app did because I never used redditt. I had to go to Wikipedia to read about redditts. I don't have much experience with Social apps so I have to go to the internet to read about the terminology that's assumed the user already knows. I get Skype, but for the life of me, there are things I can't figure out how to do on the phone version, Rt or computer.
    11-18-2013 11:19 AM
    Some are just in general. I like to try new apps but if they're too complicated, even if they have help pages, I give up. The new read it app, I didn't know anything about what the app did because I never used redditt. I had to go to Wikipedia to read about redditts. I don't have much experience with Social apps so I have to go to the internet to read about the terminology that's assumed the user already knows. I get Skype, but for the life of me, there are things I can't figure out how to do on the phone version, Rt or computer.
    I think you'd probably be better off just browsing on your desktop if you want to learn more about social media. If you're new to social media, I'd suggest reading articles about it first before even trying any specific apps. Once you learn the basics of how it works, then you could try apps.
    11-18-2013 11:26 AM
    I think you'd probably be better off just browsing on your desktop if you want to learn more about social media. If you're new to social media, I'd suggest reading articles about it first before even trying any specific apps. Once you learn the basics of how it works, then you could try apps.
    That's what I usually do. Sometimes I'll try YouTube as well.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    11-20-2013 02:23 PM