Libon is a Visual Voicemail app currently only available for iPhone and Android users.

There are a few Visual Voicemail apps in the store right now for Windows Phone - but most of them seem to be tied to Google Voice. Libon (Welcome / Root - Libon) works with your existing phone number, providing you with an appropriate number to 'ring' to tell your carrier / network to direct all missed or rejected calls to Libon's service as opposed to your carriers voicemail service.

Voicemails then appear within the Libon app, and you can even set custom greetings for different callers or groups of callers.

I really liked the app back in the dark days of being an iPhone user, but sadly Libon have thus far ignored Windows Phone. Tweeting at them today however I got the following rather positive reply: "Wait tomorrow, we'll have something to announce :-)" ( Tweet link: https://twitter.com/Libon/status/402736539790499840 )

So, assuming this isn't just a lot of hot air just to placate me, then it could indeed be the case that Libon's visual voicemail service could be about to drop for Windows Phone.

Has anyone else heard anything about Libon coming to Windows Phone? I've news-tipped WPCentral about this, perhaps they can find out more! In the meantime, I'd suggest showing your support for @Libon asking them to keep up the hard work on bringing Libon to Windows Phone - the more apps and services we get the better! :)
    11-19-2013 06:44 AM
    Hmm, I never heard of this app, but AT&T has offered free visual voicemail for over 3 years now. This app could be useful for people whose carriers charge extra for visual voicemail.
    11-19-2013 10:21 AM
    Hmm, I never heard of this app, but AT&T has offered free visual voicemail for over 3 years now. This app could be useful for people whose carriers charge extra for visual voicemail.
    Exactly! Used to use it on Orange (EE) here in the UK when I was still an iPhone user. Orange didn't offer visual voicemail - but this app provided a way to do it, plus the personalised voicemail feature was a nice way to have different voicemail messages for my boss and my friends!

I've since been sent an additional tweet reply from Libon that their announcement may now by Thursday - only a slight delay but as said in the original post, more services coming to Windows Phone is good!

Also, further searching in the Windows Phone store show that there aren't really any alternatives to Libon that don't rely on you switching your phone number to be using Google Voice, or some similar equivalent. So, this really is a welcome addition for anyone wanting Visual Voicemail :)
    11-19-2013 11:04 AM