Do we have some kind of app request collective?

anon(5101585)

May 19, 2013
Visit site
Hey all! I'm not usually an active forum user, but I read WP Central and comment all the time. I switched from Android to a Lumia 920 some months ago and love it. (As my outdated avatar would reveal, I was also a webOS user - I have a thing for underdogs hehe).

Since being a WP user I've noticed we've got some really great developers in our community. From taking on the challenges of creating third party apps for services that won't do it themselves, to creating beautiful, original apps... it's awesome!

But I was wondering if we have some sort of place where we users can request apps, and vote for them and such, for our awesome devs to see. I think a simple UserVoice page or something would be great. Then we could request apps we'd like, and devs looking to work on a new app can see what we as a community are looking for the most.

Do we have something like this? If not, do you guys think it'd be worth trying? :)

Bartdog

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
check this thread: http://forums.windowscentral.com/wi...e-start-grassroots-wp8-make-app-campaign.html

and more importantly, this site. 25 Days: Making It Count | This Is Nokia

also, on twitter start following some of these guys. you can see who I'm following @bartdog66. some of these guys are movers and shakers. I myself RT with @square any time a major develop happens like a company provides wp to their work force. I have never been aching for instagram; to me pos is a huge thing that wp/surface needs to beak into.

anon(5101585)

May 19, 2013
Visit site
check this thread: http://forums.windowscentral.com/wi...e-start-grassroots-wp8-make-app-campaign.html

and more importantly, this site. 25 Days: Making It Count | This Is Nokia

also, on twitter start following some of these guys. you can see who I'm following @bartdog66. some of these guys are movers and shakers. I myself RT with @square any time a major develop happens like a company provides wp to their work force. I have never been aching for instagram; to me pos is a huge thing that wp/surface needs to beak into.

Hey Bartdog, thanks for the great reply! I'm definitely gonna join in with these efforts! But as important I feel official first party big name apps are (and believe me I do!), I was talking more about apps by our great Windows Phone devs like Rudy Huyn, Daniel Gary, etc. A place they can go when they're looking for a new app idea, and see what we WP users are looking for on our devices.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss