Poor image Quality upload in official Instagram app?

faalil

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
i noticed poor image resolution after upload the image using Official IG app,, i logged into to IG website to check it out.. image is low resolution when compared with 6tag.. did anyone notice it? or only me?

iamtim

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
You guys have way better eyes than I do. I can see no appreciable difference between 6tag, WP Instagram, and iOS Instagram pictures.

faalil

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
Huh. Still don't see it. *shrug*
:eek:rly: :)

its clearly visible.. as photographer.. its very important to me.. i switched to Official IG from 6tag, but i like 6tag more than official one,, i choose official app because of safety issue, i dont wanna marked as suspicious account again,,my hashtag issue back to noramal after 2 months,, i know 6tag is safe but i dont wanna take the risk while there is a official app available in the market.. now i have to switch back to 6tag again

iamtim

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
its clearly visible.. as photographer.. its very important to me..

I'm sure. Like I said, I desperately need an eye doctor, heh.

I'm curious though... with its specific resolution and filters and such, Instagram seems like a poor choice for posting and sharing pictures if that level of detail is important to you. Seems like you should be using, I dunno, smugmug or that sharing service with a "5" in the name. Instagram seems more about the social aspect of sharing pics and less about the details of the shot.

I guess I'm just wondering why you're choosing Instagram as the vehicle to inspect pixel-level details of a pic. Seems like the wrong tool for the job. :)

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
Here is the different.. Official IG has broken Pixels.. but 6tag Very Less with compared to Official IG app..
For better image resolution : SkyDrive link : https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=c4d9c49e31d401f2#cid=C4D9C49E31D401F2&id=C4D9C49E31D401F2!25216&v=3

View attachment 50296

There appears to be minor differences in the noise pattern in the sky, and color gradients. I wouldn't call that major... lol. Perhaps a different image would show more drastic differences. I know 6tag and 2Insta advertise using a high resolution upload. I cant imagine Official Instagram wouldn't use the same... If there even IS a high resolution upload path...

textfield

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
i noticed poor image resolution after upload the image using Official IG app,, i logged into to IG website to check it out.. image is low resolution when compared with 6tag.. did anyone notice it? or only me?

Thought i was the only one complaining about it. But do you know why it happens? I have an idea.

I know it has an image compression, on every platform. But on windows phone, if you notice, when you try to crop your image on instagram or 6tag, there is a FRAME (Margins between the screen and the content), and after you hit okay, the frame GOES. What does that mean? It means it it's SCALING UP the photo to a Frameless size again which screws the image quality. And then it makes you publish the Scaled image and that is why it looks 4 times terrible then publishing it to iPhone.

After i switched to Lumia 925 from iPhone, i really can't stand the published photo quality. I just delete them after i publish. It really bothers me. To me, the reason was the good cam, but it has no benefit it the photos will stay in Camera Roll. Shame. Also no good photo editing apps either. no quantity, no quality.

hasif zul

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
yup.. actually im also have same situation with you. BEfore i published use official IG app, the resolution still high, but after i upload, the resolution is look like, had been compressed.. Demn, its not an original resolution.. whats the problem?

Clifton Loosier

May 24, 2013
Visit site
This is still a problem. There is an option on the ios app for hi-res upload but not for 6tag or Instagram Beta. There is a substantial drop in quality once uploaded. Bothers me a lot. The only app that supports hi-res upload on WP is #2insta but it hasn't been updated in a long time and the link to connect to your facebook is broken, which means that hashtags will not work.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon