Fix for Whatsapp Notification issue

Mayureshk

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
For all those who are facing notification issues with Whatsapp after recent updates - A Hard Reset is the only workaround which will resolve this issue

As an outcome of the recent Whatsapp updates, many of the users are complaining of having notification issues ( Messages arriving only after opening the application ). I myself was one of those users who had the same issue. After trying out all the alternatives posted on wpcentral and other websites, there was no resolution.

As a last option i did a hard reset of my Lumia which again landed me in trouble as i encountered the spinning gears issue.

I waited for almost 2 hours, but the phone refused to boot and i had to reinstall the OS using Nokia Software Updater and this RESOLVED all the issues w.r.t push notifications

No matter i had to reinstall all the applications again on my phone which was quite annoying but now all the push notifications for facebook,Skype,Whatsapp,WeChat Etc. work like a charm. :winktongue:

vitorrloureiro

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
Hard Reset is not the way. The problem with push notifications on WP has to do with APN. If your mobile provider use java.blablabla as apn, your probably going to have problems. See if you can use other APN and everything should be fine.

Mayureshk

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
I tried doing that, it didnt work, Secondly, if it has something to do with the mobile provider then it should have worked on WiFi. But as per the comments reported by few users it didnt work on that as well.

I know its not a feasible solution, but can be considered as a last resort if nothing works out !

BangRipiu

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
so hows your phone now after hard reset? does the push notifications started to ****ed up again? because i want to hard reset mine after i got a problem with the push notifications. well, it started to happened after the last whats app update. FB n twitter also seem to not giving push notifications anymore :(

forawes

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
Hi all
On Jan 22, 2014 i updated Lumia820 to Update 3 of WP8. Before this update the notifications for WhatsApp was working fine. However, after the Update 3 the notification are not coming for WhatsApp. Ever time i need to open WhatsApp to check for any new massages.
Can any body help to resolve?
Thanks

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss