anything available to share locations with iPhone users

mpovolo

May 10, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for all the suggestions. However most do not work like Apple Find my friends or Google latitude contacts. Those can be run anytime and if the person has their sharing setup, you can always see where they are. No text, email etc required.

Any other ideas

jmk1127

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
I believe there is an option to attach ur location to a text message. Just hit the paper clip icon and select my location and hit send.

illidanx

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
this doesn't work to an iPhone. It sends a link that takes the iphone user to a website.

and the website still shows the location.

The last time I used iOS6, it does not even have an option to send location through sms. Not sure if that has been added in iOS7.

JPDVM2014

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
I don't believe any of these apps are what the OP is looking for. The only thing I have found close to Google Latitude is the third-party Google Maps app. It has Latitude functionality built in, but I haven't used it in a long time, so I don't even know if it is still functioning.

mpovolo

May 10, 2011
Visit site
I don't believe any of these apps are what the OP is looking for. The only thing I have found close to Google Latitude is the third-party Google Maps app. It has Latitude functionality built in, but I haven't used it in a long time, so I don't even know if it is still functioning.

You are exactly correct. The Gmaps app had latitude and it worked, but google dumped it and uses some contacts/users location tool. Apple has find my friends, WP8 has….

eeewing

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
If you've got certain people you'd like to be able to have track you "live" (or vice-versa), that can be enabled, too (just make those people "favorites" within the app). Once you've done that, they can obtain your location without you having to confirm -- just have them add you as a favorite on their own phones, too, and you'll be golden.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett